Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Bearings?  (Read 1862 times)

Becker

Bearings?
« on: July 10, 2006, 09:25:01 PM »
Just putting the YJ (93) back together this weekend after abandoning the rebuild for this year and noticed that both front tires/wheels seem to be toed in considerably.  The tires dont show any signs of uneven wear. I jacked the front up and can "wobble" the front wheels on both sides.  Is this a bearing in need of replacement?

Its a pretty vague description, but anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Sean

RedYJ

Bearings?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:51:59 PM »
Yes the wheel bearings.  They are made as a hub assembly, i don't know if this will cause them to toe in or not i doubt it but i could be wrong.  I got mine at parts source for the cheapest but they werent very cheap like 150 or something i cant remember.

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
bearings
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »
Yup your bearings are toast.  Nothing that 150 at auto value wont cure.  I talked nice to them and got them for 150 inc tax...

Becker

Bearings?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 10:41:32 AM »
Thanks for the input.  I was hoping it wasnt the case, but also figured it would be.  Will have to delay the first wheelin of 2006 for another weekend.  Will tear it apart and replace them this weekend.

Thanks again.

Wif

Bearings?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:33:08 PM »
While you're at it check out both the axle u/j's .. chances are they'll be toast as well.

Becker

Bearings?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »
Managed to get it all torn apart last night, the axle u joints are fine, replaced them last year when I did the spring over and seem fine.  

It'll be on the road soon, wont be pretty, but wasn't planning on entering it in a beauty contest.

Sean

Offline SwampRat

• UberWheeler
Bearings?
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »
Hello Sean, where you thinking of going for your first wheeling for the year, in your area?  I'm planning a trip to the "east" country, possibly September long weekend.  Maybe we could hook up for a few hours for a bit of a run. Doug
I HATE mud and snow!!!!!!!
VE6DLR
VA6DLR