Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Plz help!!! Jeep stuck in mud pit for 3 hours on and now white smoke coming out  (Read 7202 times)

Offline Bone206

• Budget Lift
i can't get the picture link to work.
07 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1.5 spidertrax spacers, 2.5 teraflex cl, 275/70/18 duratracs, ace rock rails, black OEM  rims, safari straps roof, Cobra 29 WXBT CB

Dracitamo

i can't get the picture link to work.

x2

best to get a photobucket account and use the link from there. That way we can all see it. :)

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
Ok update. 1. I just turnd it on and gave a lil gas and some thing came out of tailpipe. 2. I opened air filter and the corner is wet but that's all. 3. Pulled out dip stick for oil. Looked like mud.
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

YOUTUBE: JK JEEPKING

[email protected]

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
if you didnt get the hood under water and it ran for 3 hours and now it burns white. my first guess would be you got water in the exhaust and its burning off. its actually a fun trick to do to people, fill the muffler with water and when it gets hot the water evapporates.
but like the others said, check yor engine oil, if tis milky then you got water in there. check the trans, t/case and diffs.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Ok update. 1. I just turnd it on and gave a lil gas and some thing came out of tailpipe. 2. I opened air filter and the corner is wet but that's all. 3. Pulled out dip stick for oil. Looked like mud.
just read this part. if its muddy you will want to change it.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
How much mud oil is in there, is it light or dark?  Is your dip stick reading above the full mark?  Is your coolant level low?  Is your engine over heating?  You can check for bubbles in the cooling system, this would indicate a blown head gasket or a cracked head.  If your engine is overfull and your coolant is low I'd say you've got an internal crack somewhere.  Does it idle rough?  What code is it throwing?  If it idles rough you may have hydro-locked it, cracked something, or a blown head gasket, now you have low compression causing a mis-fire.  Do a compression test.  Do not run the engine with mud oil in there, your bearings will be toast in no time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:21:57 PM by The Machinist »
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
How much mud oil is in there, is it light or dark?  Is your dip stick reading above the full mark?  Is your coolant level low?  Is your engine over heating?  You can check for bubbles in the cooling system, this would indicate a blown head gasket or a cracked head.  If your engine is overfull and your coolant is low I'd say you've got an internal crack somewhere.  Does it idle rough?  What code is it throwing?  If it idles rough you may have hydro-locked it, cracked something, or a blown head gasket, now you have low compression causing a mis-fire.  Do a compression test.  Do not run the engine with mud oil in there, your bearings will be toast in no time.
it has been daring for about an hour and a half now. And over 14 liter has come out. ... Didn't check the coolant will do tomorrow. But ya it comes out as a light brown mud ... The dip stick is way over full line. I turns it on today, for 10 mins and it didn't over heat.
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
What are you draining that has already let out 14 liters?

Dracitamo

x2
14 liters of muddy oil? from the engine? ... say what?  :o

Take pics and get a photobucket account and post the urls on here. Those of us who use this at work can't access FB at the office. Even at home I couldn't access the link.   

From the sounds of things though, you are over your head. No offense.  Just take your ride to a mechanic. Get them to look it over and give you a quote.
If you want to try figuring this one out yourself, make sure you pull your spark plugs and clean them as well when you clean everything else. No point putting mud back in clean oil.
Hope you have a garage you can work in and have an engine hoist. On the bright side, it's nice out now so you can get a lot more Z4 time.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html

My thoughts exactly.  ft you had that much oil/water in you oil pan, other seals may now be compromised.  Can an auto tranny hold that much fluid?
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Drain all your fluids, tranny and diffs as well. If you have the ability drop the oil pan and clean it out. The mud won't drain out thru the drain hole. Change all the fluids and then see what its like. No need to run to a mechanic just yet.

Check the coolant but it should be ok, probably won't need to change that but both diffs and the engine and tranny and t-case will all need to drained. After the covers are off the diffs use a can of brake clean to rinse them out, probably a full can per diff.

If its an auto, BEFORE YOU DRIVE IT ANYMORE, get the pan off and clean it and change the filter. For a manual tranny(and t-case) drain, refill, drive for a week or so then repeat.

If you cann't change your own fluids you may as well learn now of you will find 4 wheeling to be a VERY expensive hobby.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
14 liters from the oil container. I'm not to sure how to drain the tranny or the deffs, but I'll look it up.... I'll see if I can drop the oil container and try to clean it out. Should I get it flushed ? Would that help? As for the pictures, I took some pictures but I am at work now and I can't up load them ... Only on facebook cuz I'm using my phone. I'm up for doing all the work for the fluids and cleaning. It would be a good learning curve , but can any one tell me, where I can get all the fluids , and how much it will run me??? I have nothing right now but the engine oil. What are the supplies I'm going to need? And the different fluids?
Drain all your fluids, tranny and diffs as well. If you have the ability drop the oil pan and clean it out. The mud won't drain out thru the drain hole. Change all the fluids and then see what its like. No need to run to a mechanic just yet.

Check the coolant but it should be ok, probably won't need to change that but both diffs and the engine and tranny and t-case will all need to drained. After the covers are off the diffs use a can of brake clean to rinse them out, probably a full can per diff.

If its an auto, BEFORE YOU DRIVE IT ANYMORE, get the pan off and clean it and change the filter. For a manual tranny(and t-case) drain, refill, drive for a week or so then repeat.

If you cann't change your own fluids you may as well learn now of you will find 4 wheeling to be a VERY expensive hobby.
x2
14 liters of muddy oil? from the engine? ... say what?  :o

Take pics and get a photobucket account and post the urls on here. Those of us who use this at work can't access FB at the office. Even at home I couldn't access the link.   

From the sounds of things though, you are over your head. No offense.  Just take your ride to a mechanic. Get them to look it over and give you a quote.
If you want to try figuring this one out yourself, make sure you pull your spark plugs and clean them as well when you clean everything else. No point putting mud back in clean oil.
Hope you have a garage you can work in and have an engine hoist. On the bright side, it's nice out now so you can get a lot more Z4 time.
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
If you drove it any after it being in the mud I'd think there is little point in trying to do anything but part the Jeep out now.

14 liters is almost double the capacity for the 4.0L engine, if there is that much mud and water in the oil your diffs are most likely full, as well as the tranny.

If you want to try do what CLAY said, you will need a few hundred dollars worth of fluids especially if if its an auto.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:52:11 AM by WhiteOut »

Dracitamo

If you want to try do what CLAY said, you will need a few hundred dollars worth of fluids especially if if its an auto.

Don't forget all the gaskets and seals you will need to replace.

If you really want to learn the Jeep world, you can use this as a project. You will learn a lot with everything you will have to check and replace.

If you are worried about a few hundred bucks for repairs... part it out and buy another one.
...you will find 4 wheeling to be a VERY expensive hobby.
x2
If you have a 8.8 locked rear with 410s or a front D44 locked... I might be interested in buying... depending how bad of shape they are in.  ;)

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
No it's a manual. An I would rather spend the 4 or 500 on fluids than part with it. If I part with it I don't think I'll get as much out of it as if I
Fix it. Unless some one wants it for 4000 I'll sell it lol it's been with me for 3 years and I got it for 8 ... I don't know what i have in it...  All I know is it has the rear lockers but don't know what they are. And no
Front
Don't forget all the gaskets and seals you will need to replace.

If you really want to learn the Jeep world, you can use this as a project. You will learn a lot with everything you will have to check and replace.

If you are worried about a few hundred bucks for repairs... part it out and buy another one. x2
If you have a 8.8 locked rear with 410s or a front D44 locked... I might be interested in buying... depending how bad of shape they are in.  ;)
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]