Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Project NINE 7.0  (Read 44962 times)

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Project NINE 7.0
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Been waiting since friday for the new flip ring to show up.

Tick tock tick tock....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:54:12 PM by AV.NINE »

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
Make sure u drain Ur rear and front diffs and top them up with new oil.  Check Ur tranny oil
Basically checked everything befor u start it up

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:10 AM »
Make sure u drain Ur rear and front diffs and top them up with new oil.  Check Ur tranny oil
Basically checked everything befor u start it up

I assume the ring will get here too late for me to do anything today since it hasnt come yet. And I got class tonight.

Itll most likely be a saturday test drive. Then you can come with me..... Then I dont have to die alone. DEATH RIDE 2011!

cool?

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
Sounds good
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »
PROPER FLIP RING HAS ARRIVED! Now I know that doesnt mean much to anyone, but this is the third ring Ive had. Man North West Fab does nice fricken work!

Also, my new rail shifter came from RADesigns! Whoot whoot! (For manual control of my AW4)

Offline superles

• UberWheeler
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
 "look shiny" are you done yet, drove across the yard tonight, ready to load up lol

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »
"look shiny" are you done yet, drove across the yard tonight, ready to load up lol

Even when I am done I still have a blown intake gasket, new tranny wiring, and some re-enforcing to do. So Ill be "done" this weekend, but wheelable... new years maybe?

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 09:58:35 PM »
Tell your wife to wash her hands before these photo shoots.... Geeeeez  ;D

Yes, I'm just jealous because I've long lost all motivation in finishing my own Jeep  :(
Jeep
With stuff

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »
Tell your wife to wash her hands before these photo shoots.... Geeeeez  ;D

She say's she has no problem hitting french guys with her man hands.  :o

fumed off this week.

Got my drive shafts re-done... again. Was getting ready to test drive and just adjusting some links and junk. Went to jounce the front shock and as soon as I moved it it sunk. All the pressure leaked out.

So I could rebuild it again and change the orings but then I said frack IT! Now I have 14" Coil overs coming my way.

Its honestly like my jeep just doesnt want to drive until 2012....  >:(

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »
Your project is really coming along since I've seen it last, nice job!

Its honestly like my jeep just doesnt want to drive until 2012....  >:(
Well if the prophecies hold up, that is when you are going to need it most! ;)

I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »
Guess your goin to have to ride shotty with someone for the Xmas Tree Run : (

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »

New Coilovers.

I have to notch the rear frame to put my rears in. Also I started making a new crossmember/skid plate. But Ill keep that under wraps until Im done. (The 4/6 broken nutserts fumed me off)

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »
Kinda funny how Jeff posts an update and your not far behind.  ;) How much money is riding on who wheels first ;) And is it coincidence that Jeffs rims are blue?  :o Either way, looking good!
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2011, 03:15:41 AM »
Spiffy lookin front diff musta been a master who painted that... oh wait haha
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »
Kinda funny how Jeff posts an update and your not far behind.  ;) How much money is riding on who wheels first ;) And is it coincidence that Jeffs rims are blue?  :o Either way, looking good!

Well typically I get 1 week night and 1 day (Monday's) to work on my jeep and if there's been good progress I'll post up some updates. It's the little stuff like yoke installs, new rims and tires, drive shaft installs, welding mounts for brakelines, bending new brake lines, paint etc that I rarely report about.

It's not a race, though no matter what Jeff says he won't be done till march/april. He has it all planned out but it's the little things that take alot of time and things you don't think about. Not to mention waiting for parts. When I started I thought I was looking at 3 days. As of today it's been 5 months. But keep in mind, I've done tcase swap, tranny swap (not an easy one), coilovers with hoops and frame re-enforcing, steering box with hydro assist, all stuff he is getting away with not doing. Well as of yet...