Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: EMF BUILT Dodge 5500  (Read 7691 times)

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
Re: EMF BUILT Dodge 5500
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »
that truck has alberta douche bag written all over it...    :-\
this quote has alberta douche canoe written all over it  :D

fixed it for u

see no the truck with the train horn had alberta douche bag written all over it...

this is one of the most functional rigs.. 8)

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »
Its a nice build for sure... be proud of the craftsmanship but.... most functional? Personally I think a TJ with a shitty 30 year old tent trailer could go farther into the bush then that redneck mobile ever could dream of. And do it for a tenth the money and gas.

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »
theres pictures of it in the rock course on clays camera....  and theres plenty of video of it in the mud at the overlander rally

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 07:24:38 PM »
yeah its going to be a work rig

You guys that are spouting off about how this build is crap are missing the point. What's been done here is taking a 1-ton and making it suitable to run really, really craptacular roads. Not off-road...not technical wheeling....not big mud bogs....but really crappy roads in really crappy conditions. How many of you have run the ANC (Valleyview)? The Sheep Creek (Grande Cache)? The Upper Level (Hudson's Hope)? The North Chungo (Drayton Valley)? The Sukunka (Chetwynd)? The Bigstone (Fox Creek)? The Shekiele (Zama)? How about driving from Hinton to Whitecourt the back way?

One day flogging a stock one-ton over those roads and you'd understand immediately why this truck was modified.

I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »
amen to that
damn u brought back some memories there... they dont call it bigstone for no reason that road is made with giant stones... i drove a 1/2 150 km round trip down that road in muddy shitty snowy conditions and the exhaust was hangin off one manifold and one seriously knarly tire....

i dont miss those days driving all those roads... but heres a good one for u i lived in whitecourt for a year and my grandfather is old GIS seismic drill push from the early days...he tells me a story of whitecourt and sleeping in his pickup on the gravel road (the 43)

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 11:08:12 PM »
This is an awesome build. Like Tod says built to drive backroads safely in some really crappy driving conditions A tj pulling a tent trailer just could not survive.

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »
its really hard to tell caus ei dont have the greatest pictures of it but look at the deck mounting....

we had this thing right twisted up and the trailer was straight....

hard mounted on one side shackles on the other