Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Telus in Coventry?  (Read 4179 times)

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re: Telus in Coventry?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »
What?  You said you were getting 1.5 M with a 100 M service.  There is something seriously wrong and they will fix it.  If my service is ever running below 90% of what I pay for they get over and fix it.

Yes John b. There is something seriously wrong with the service. But it is not something that would be worth fixing for now (not cost effective).  With shaw they cannot adjust for SNR. Out of most techs scope of work. That has to be adjusted at the trunk amp. But if you adjust for this, one cust might have some bad signal while 20 others would be fine. You woul want to lose the one to correct for all the rest.  This I believe is not the case ad my node needs to be split again and was told it was supposed to happen in the summer but didn't.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »
Twisted PAIR is NOT cat6. Fibre is NOT run into a home in Coventry Hills. A home in up there ends in twisted pair... keep your insults to yourself thank you very much ;-)

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »
Haha their are houses up here with fibre. "END DORKINESS"  >:(

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCategory_6_cable&rct=j&q=cat%206&ei=kXYTT9bEMIfkiALvp8S6DQ&usg=AFQjCNFNfibpCAVcFnCzHem9TM9BkQ2BUg

Cat 6 is twisted pair no matter which way you look at it it's twisted.  just a larger gauge. Hence the reason you can use it for jumper wire.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:10:43 PM by BUKI »

Offline Grease Nipple

• Budget Lift
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 09:09:55 PM »
Hey Mike, I was just about to ask if you wanted a job on the business side, but I just found out you drive a YJ ;)

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
Haha their are houses up here with fibre. "END DORKINESS"  >:(

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCategory_6_cable&rct=j&q=cat%206&ei=kXYTT9bEMIfkiALvp8S6DQ&usg=AFQjCNFNfibpCAVcFnCzHem9TM9BkQ2BUg

Cat 6 is twisted pair no matter which way you look at it it's twisted.  just a larger gauge. Hence the reason you can use it for jumper wire.

no, its FOUR twisted pairs. Lets turn up the tard here a notch or two more eh. Go look at your d mark and tell me what it is. It aint friggin cat6. If its not fiber its a single twisted pair. I have a BCS in communications, I understand mang ;-)

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »
The single twisted pair is from the DSLAM to the house regardless it is still twisted like cat 6, and cat 5 can run data on the orange and green depending on distance can still run 54 Mbps even if it is only rated for 10.  I think you need to brush up (not trying to by a dink) Because I see 110 at the sac and 80 at the dmarc. If this is MAXED OUT I'll tell you that's friggen quick. It may not be 2 or three pairs (for attenuation purposes only) but that's still super fast not as fast as shaw after peak hours.  Technology changes too fast for anybody to say Telus sucks 3 years ago and still have a grudge about it when their service may not be as fast as shaw but still faster than anyone really needs.  All I need is a guaranteed 15 Mbps. Shaw cannot handle this at this time. So the whole point of this thread was just to find out how people who have Telus think of it.  You can't make a statement that twisted pair is maxed out.  AT WHAT speed because if it's 110 or 250 or even 50. In my opinion that is so redundant. I know my way around "ICE" and torrents and that is more than I'll ever use. At that point the server on the other end isn't going to keep up.  And since I'm a tard. A bcs means nothing in the field.  My grandfather was mayor of Calgary, that doesn't mean he could run the country.  ;)