Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: I drive a mini van and I'm proud.  (Read 1847 times)

Offline rizzicon

• Winch Wench
I drive a mini van and I'm proud.
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
I  had heard of the Jeep Club, Calgary Jeep Association before I bought a 1954 Willys wagon in 2004. But I didn't get involved with the club/ forum. Until  I bought a Mini Van, A.K.A. JKU in 2008. I didn't even get on board then. Now I want to get involved and hopefully one day, if I put the work in. I will become a member. I have been reading some stuff on here lately I would like to chime in on. First I read "Welcome to 2012" by SpecialK. Good stuff I like where you, CJA are going. I have read a lot of other good stuff too. Then I read about people dis n my mini van, not wanting to go on trail rides with newbies and some stuff about the CJA as well.
 The mini van stuff hurt my feelings.Then I keep reading and its all in good fun ribbing and that sort of stuff. Cool I can take it. I even smiled a little.  ;D The not wanting to go riding with new guys I totally get. Its not being prepared and that same A hole getting stuck ever time, stuff like that. The stuff about CJA, well I'm not a member. So I should probably leave that alone.
 If I  hadn't been on CJA before and gone to some meetings or didn't look around more . And I was a JK newbie, I might feel un welcome on CJA and look to another forum. Where members all drive the same vehicle and there are more newbies willing to get together and try out there new toys. What I'm trying to say is, we should be careful that we aren't turning people away from the hobby / sport. Before they even get started. I think the CJA / forum, are here to spread the word , get people involved (the 101), share information, lend a hand and make friends will doing it. The new guys need to learn whats right and whats wrong. I know we don't get out a lot and the last thing you want to do on your day off is drag some one along. But I don't want to turn people away.
 I'm looking forward to this months meeting. Maybe a bunch of us mini van drivers will show up  ;D Keep up the good work!
mud is in my blood

Offline hornblower

• Baby Wheeler
Re: I drive a mini van and I'm proud.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
True words.

I love my jeep and don't really care if people think it's just a mall crawler or not a real jeep, I love it and will enjoy it no matter what the peanut gallery has to say.

Preparing For the Zombie Apocolypse.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:06:33 PM »
It honestly doesnt matter what Jeep you drive, there will be fanboys for the other ones. I drive an XJ. I love my XJ. I carry my groceries in my XJ, and yes, its a shade of red. A Jeep is a Jeep, until you get into the patriot's and compass's . Really, for what we have represented here in the club, they are all just as capable offroad, but just a litte more capable if its an XJ of course ;)

And if you really want to get technical, all us XJ guys have "stationwagon" printed on our pinks, and I can tell ya, we are all proud as heck to drive our red station wagons!

I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline jeepgrl

• UberWheeler
  • All those JKs are starting to look the same...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:13:36 AM »
It honestly doesnt matter what Jeep you drive, there will be fanboys for the other ones. I drive an XJ. I love my XJ. I carry my groceries in my XJ, and yes, its a shade of red. A Jeep is a Jeep, until you get into the patriot's and compass's . Really, for what we have represented here in the club, they are all just as capable offroad, but just a litte more capable if its an XJ of course ;)

Well put Simon...

Don't worry about the guys razzing about our 'minivans'.  From what I've seen, it's all just fun.  I wheel my JK with the guys that are hard-core TJ and YJ owners and it's all good.  Welcome to the minivan group :)
Current project:
2012 2-door Orange Crush JK
AEV 3.5" lift
33" Mikey Thompson MTZ
Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers
Warn VR800 winch

BUILT AND SOLD: Silver 2007 JKU (because they all look the same now anyway)

Offline DCJEEP

• Stocker
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
It sure does suck owning a mini van that can fit 35's wi a small lift. 

I wish we were like past jeep that need a suspension lift and body lift to fit 33's.

:-p