Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Anyone like to ride the Bicycle  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Brooneg

• Budget Lift
Anyone like to ride the Bicycle
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:17:39 PM »
I am trying to set up a camp that involves several days (2 - 4 hrs / day) of riding in the Calgary area....2 - 4 hr drive to get to start point is ok.  Off road trail, or hyway rides ok.  Just as long as they are scenic and give the boys an experience.  Does not matter if it is several from a base camp, or if we have to set up camp and continue on .  Pt A - b - C or A-B then A-C then A-D.  anyway any locals that you know of would be great.  Thx.  Would be an end of July trip early Aug

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Anyone like to ride the Bicycle
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
Bragg creek area and K-country have more then enough trails to keep you guys busy. beginner to beyond expert. uphill or downhill. there are many options. there are maps online and in print. if you guys want to start small and work your way up to some serious trails then Calgary has some great bike paths that can get you all over the city in very little time at all. city bike maps are available at most bike shops. i know a guy that volunteers with the cub scouts kids and they usually get out a lot in the summer for bike rides in the hills.
grab a bike, throw a helmet on and have fun :)
http://www.mmbts.com/members/
http://www.pinkbike.com/

these links should get you a lot of info.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »
if it's for kids, and you wanted to try an day/afternoon first Fish creek park has a few easy single tracks in it. as well as the pave and dirt paths. From 37th by the reserve to Secomie(SP?) lake is ~10km

gives easy pick up and drop off points too... if its more advanced stuff or you just want to get into the mountains more, yeah Bragg Creek for sure, I still haven't explored nearly enough out there.
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »
I forgot about fish creek. Like Knox said, the west end of fish creek has a bunch of fun trails.
YJ=Y’all Jealous