Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Currie Steering  (Read 4467 times)

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Currie Steering
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
Evolution make a steering kit?

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28:24 PM »
its on his plate but his plate is so full i dont know when it will happen... if i can save some oney up over the next few months i will get him to do it on my zj.... 

he honestly doesnt have time to breath most of the time.... let alone prototype...

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »
he honestly doesnt have time to breath most of the time.... let alone prototype...

Clay has done a one-off steering set-up on Erin's MJ already . Took him like a day or two to finish .
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 07:25:01 PM »
Just tired of seeing that stuff posted up and then nothing come of it. Got us all excited then *POOF* nothing. Next time wait till its in production then start spreading it around.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
he had plans to do my jeep... but unfourtunatley i no longer am there as i work somewhere else now so... i now need to do it on a weekend when it works for both of us....

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »
 You also have to be careful when you grease them and not use an air-fed grease gun.

Curious as to this comment?  My Currie joints have all been good except for two which would not take grease due to an odd shaped grease nipple (defective).   The simple solution is to re-tap the hole and install a new grease nipple.  I have done this countless times on worn-out grease nipples.

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »
Too bad someone local doesn't  sell a kit with some really heavy duty TREs.

:P

Or stock the Currie TRE's, nobody stocks anything in this town, it's amazing they are still in business with all the deals that are available online. How can they (businesses) expect us to pay more for something when we can easily order it online for hundreds less? Maybe they'll all learn the hard way when the couple of 4x4 shops that are left close for good.

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 01:15:03 PM »
You also have to be careful when you grease them and not use an air-fed grease gun.

Curious as to this comment?  My Currie joints have all been good except for two which would not take grease due to an odd shaped grease nipple (defective).   
I'm referring to the TRE's and not the JJ's Ron. The instructions state that the TRE's come from the factory already greased and not to use an air fed grease gun when it comes time to grease them. The TRE that connects to the pitman arm on mine  took a long time before it would take any grease. I changed out the zerk fitting and no dice. It was a few months of use before it would take grease. There's a couple of threads on Jeepforum where users had the same problem with that same TRE. No biggie but something to be aware of.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg