Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: spartan lockers?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline bradley

• Budget Lift
spartan lockers?
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »
I have been trying to buy an aussie locker for the last little while but they r on back order for quite a while at northridge, they say they r going to bring in some spartan lockers, is there anyone out there who has run them? Are they any different from an aussie? Any input would b greatly appreciated
2002 jeep tj, 7 inch lift with long arm front and triangulated 4 link rear, 37x12.5x15 maxxis creepy crawler tires, custom front and rear bumpers, 12000 winch, G2 dana 44 front with detroit locker, 44 rear with spool, custom rear skins and flares, sye kit

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: spartan lockers?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »
i'm runnin one :)

same as the aussie.  

they are loud, you can hear em click when they ratchet around corners, so i turn up the volume ;)  otherwise i can't tell its there.

i should know how they perform on the trail (Deerfoot) after this weekend
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:25:06 PM by JackstandJohnny »
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline bradley

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35:24 PM »
thanks for the info i wasnt sure about them but i guess they are all basically the same, I am gunna put one up front in the dana 30 in the grand cherokee
2002 jeep tj, 7 inch lift with long arm front and triangulated 4 link rear, 37x12.5x15 maxxis creepy crawler tires, custom front and rear bumpers, 12000 winch, G2 dana 44 front with detroit locker, 44 rear with spool, custom rear skins and flares, sye kit

Offline Nootch

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
I run/ran spartans.  the rear is a damn good unit, bit clanky, but super solid in design.  has lived through a blown diff and a blown axle shaft and keeps on taking abuse.  I had one in the front, but because of my bent axle tube it got eaten up pretty quick on the trails, but was a good unit while i had it in there.  it clattered and shook under steering in town, but was fine on the highway.

Offline bradley

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
so i installed a spartan in the dana 30 of the jeep on Thursday and took it out for a test run on saturday, it is by far the best investment i have ever made, with the limited slip in the 8.8 in the back and the full lock of the spartan in the front 30 it made things that were almost impossible without speed and alot of bouncing almost to easy, and then its almost invisible on the street, i would suggest one to anybody with a open front dif and a desire for more traction