Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CBs  (Read 15758 times)

Offline euroboxxer

• Stocker
  • My Red Rubi :)
Re: CBs
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
Can anyone suggest the best location to mount an antenna on a JK?  I hear some locations are better than others but I do not know much about this sort of thing.

I purchased the antenna mount from teraflex that bolts right to the spare tire carrier. Its powder coated so a little sanding is required to achieve a good ground but it works really well, thick solid plate thats very steardy. Using it with a 4 foot firestick II and it has not come into contact with my hardtop at all while driving along the highways.

I purchased the Uniden 520XL JK package from rightchannelradio and it comes with everything you need other then where to mount it. great kit. I noticed though that with the hardtop off you get a slightly better SWR reading then with the hardtop on ???
2011 JKU Rubicon. Spidertrax 1.5" spacer. Uniden 520XL.

Offline Ddub1973

• Budget Lift
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
I purchased the antenna mount from teraflex that bolts right to the spare tire carrier. Its powder coated so a little sanding is required to achieve a good ground but it works really well, thick solid plate thats very steardy. Using it with a 4 foot firestick II and it has not come into contact with my hardtop at all while driving along the highways.

I purchased the Uniden 520XL JK package from rightchannelradio and it comes with everything you need other then where to mount it. great kit. I noticed though that with the hardtop off you get a slightly better SWR reading then with the hardtop on ???

Thanks Euroboxer.  Did you buy the antenna mount local or did you get it online?
DDUB OIIIIO

2013 JKUR

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2012, 01:49:04 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:26:08 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline euroboxxer

• Stocker
  • My Red Rubi :)
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
Thanks Euroboxer.  Did you buy the antenna mount local or did you get it online?

I bought it online throught rightchannelradio since it came with the package but i know you can also buy it from northridge4x4.ca and since there based in Panoka, AB, shipping should be pretty quick and cheap if you live close
2011 JKU Rubicon. Spidertrax 1.5" spacer. Uniden 520XL.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
This is Vanessa, just went in to see dean at Comtek to pick up a coax cable for mike and didn't find him helpful at all, in my past dealing with dean I found him much more helpful, today he didn't even answere my questions to my full satisfaction! After my purchase I'm still not sure I even got what would best suit mikes jeep! FYI you don't get your members discount unless you buy a complete system, which has never been the case in prior purchase! But who knows maybe he was having a bad day, we are human and entitled that! Lol

Offline mjkrakow

• Winch Wench
  • Just starting trail runs this summer 2012. Go easy
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
Definitely depends on the day. Lol. I went to dean and he was awesome when I went the first bought the system but when I went a couple days later to get a quick disconnect he barely said two words.