Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: GAMP, it appears to be here :(  (Read 21759 times)

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
GAMP, it appears to be here :(
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 10:03:33 PM »
You can't believe everything you see in the newspaper. I am still waiting for an official notice of some sort.
. Just because a reporter who may or may not have other influences writes something does not mean it is true.

An Ad taken out in the paper by the gov't would be good. Or if  SRD had postings on the website or handed out notices on the long weekend that would be good for me.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 10:06:08 PM »
Maylong waiparous shuld still be open correct?
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »
Quote from: "Mudhawg"
Maylong waiparous shuld still be open correct?

Correct.It will be open on the long weekend, and maybe a while longer.This info came from a Conservation Officer we met today at the bridge building.

I expect they will be out there on the weekend with more info on the upcoming changes.

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
She is up and official.  Maps below and all the rules......  Basically exactly what was shown last yesr.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/regions/southwest/ghost/maps.html

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 07:22:45 PM »
Gamp has me so upset lately I could cry. I'm quite seriously considering selling my jeep, buying a decent little truck for the city, and a quad and trailer.

McLean is gonna turn into a disaster. Indian Graves, and any other area within 2 hours drive will quickly follow. My only hope is that the enforcement stays, and the GAMP process will be revisited and revised, with the new level or greater amount of enforcement!!
Keep the ravers, the litterers, and the ignorant a-holes out. And the responsible users in. All this stems from a lack of respect for our environment (from everyone)!

If SRD complains about the lack of resources, then take a hint from the John's law (solicitation of a prostitute can lead to confiscation of automobile); keep their car/truck/bike/quad; and once a year, auction them off, with proceeds going back into the area. This is just ONE idea I'm sure was raised at the stakeholder meetings, and some bureaucratic nonsense killed the idea.

Seems to me that the whole GAMP process was one giant bureaucratic, boondoggle with a hidden private agenda. I'm sure something else is going on behind the scenes, and its gonna take some time to figure it out. Once more the voice of the people, FOR the people, has been ignored!

Thats my 2 cents, and if you have spoken to me lately, you would have heard a lot more vulgarity not suitable for this medium.

If the gov't REALLY wanted to protect the area, AND keep the enviro's happy, they would have made it a park! Since they didn't, I suspect there is some other agenda at play here. No trucks east of the 40? Hmmm, what does that mean? Is industry planning something that the evidence of such activity is to be hidden?

What should happen, is the minutes and ALL documentation from EVERY GAMP meeting, be made public. Extreme pressure should be put on Minister(s) of SRD & Comm Development, the Ministries themselves, DFO, the MD's and any MLA's that live in that area; to release any and all documentation, scientific studies, internal communication, statistics, budgetary requirements/requests, stakeholder input, surveys, everything; related to GAMP. Make the process transparent (no hidden surprises), the people involved accountable, and to put a method behind the madness.

That's my thoughts...
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

henry

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »
Thats why I bought a dirtbike.  Still love Jeeping though. :oops:  :cry: GAMP is a total joke, benefiting someone, not sure whom.  Maybe the local politicians, with some weird, crooked plan.  I dunno.

Makes me sick.
Darren

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 08:27:38 AM »
i have compiled a map of the new trail system.

http://www.4wheeler.ca/index.php?showtopic=26396

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 08:49:58 AM »
Gamp has me so upset lately I could cry. I'm quite seriously considering selling my jeep, buying a decent little truck for the city, and a quad and trailer.

I am going to get so flamed for this but....

You definately not alone. You are going to see alot of this. :? The smart ones have already sold their Jeeps while they were still worth something. Who wants a modified Jeep that you can't use? Why do you think we've seen so many for sale lately? I think it's quite obvious when I say, I love Jeeps...they are my hobby and my passion. Unfortunalety...they are a dying breed. I have made a swtch to another sport, as others have. I swithced to mountain biking. Seems to be alot more public acceptance. Plus, it's one hell of a work out and a real rush. See you on the trails...the bike trails that is.  :P  :wink:

just my 2 cents...which usually ain't woth s#!t anyways. :roll:
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

henry

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2006, 08:59:04 AM »
Quote from: "cablesmurf"

I am going to get so flamed for this but....

You definately not alone. You are going to see alot of this. :? The smart ones have already sold their Jeeps while they were still worth something. Who wants a modified Jeep that you can't use? Why do you think we've seen so many for sale lately?

just my 2 cents...which usually ain't woth s#!t anyways. :roll:

I don't think you're gonna get flamed at all Dan.  Unfortunately wheelers just have to plan more, and count on driving a lot farther for a run.  I'm kinda lucky I can use my Comanche to haul my dirtbike, and use it around the house to haul other stuff, unlike some other Jeeps that don't have a box or much cargo area (this is not a dig against other Jeeps, just a statement :D ).

Wheeling is not dead, its just changed a lot for the worst, and I hope McLean and other areas won't get destroyed now from everybody switching there exclusively. :cry:

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2006, 09:40:02 AM »
I was thinking the same, I have had bikes most of my life, I love bikes, I love wheeling my jeep.
The quad trails at waiparous have been cut in half, there is no single track for bikes in the Ghost area.
How much fun is riding a bike down a 25 foot wide "quad" trail.? The people on this forum, the responsible user's, we are not going to go off trail, we will tread lightly and follow the rules no matter what we are driving(even if we don't agree with them)
This is screw the 4x4'er week.  It will soon be "screw the quad rider week"

Get fumed off, call your local politician, be respectful, just don't give up. Because if you do, the end will be in sight for all off roaders no matter if you are driving a Jeep, a toyota, a chevy, a yamaha or suzuki, or for that matter in a few years, a mountain bike.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »
Quote from: "henry"
Thats why I bought a dirtbike.  
Darren

Unfortunately you just lost HUNDREDS of kms of dirtbike singletrack trails. As a fellow rider, i have never been on a truck/quad trail for 2 years. Actually, i have never seen a truck or quad ever where we ride in Waiporous. So, you have 5kms of dirtbike trails left, you still feeling good about that bike?

Oh sure yoiu can ride the NEW quad trail sysytem and risk your life with the chaos that will be found on congested trails now.
Later
Tom :(
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »
FYI...

Goliath wrote on the 4Wheeler site...

The Alberta 4 Wheel Drive Association will be holding a 4 Wheel Drive meeting to discuss GAMP on Wednesday May 24, 2006 at 7:00pm held at the Deer Run Community Association
2223 146 Ave SE
Take Deerfoot South to Bow Bottom Trail
Turn Left on 146 Ave
The community Association will be on the left hand side of the road

We will be located in the gymnasium

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 12:16:33 PM »
Wheeling is not dead, its just changed a lot for the worst, and I hope McLean and other areas won't get destroyed now from everybody switching there exclusively.

I think that's inevitable... :roll:
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

Offline keener

• Budget Lift
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 12:39:37 PM »
So, to all of you who are griping and bitching about GAMP ... how many have actually wrote letters to the  minister of SRD, your MLA, minister of environment, etc ? If you haven't done that, you shouldn't be  complaining. Keep in mind that if this plan appears to be unworkable, the minister needs to be flooded with letters and complaints, and he will be obliged to make a change.
'04 Unlimited with a few mods. SOLD
98 XJ with a few mods. SOLD
02 Sahara with lots of Mods.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
Quote from: "keener"
So, to all of you who are griping and bitching about GAMP ... how many have actually wrote letters to the  minister of SRD, your MLA, minister of environment, etc ? If you haven't done that, you shouldn't be  complaining. Keep in mind that if this plan appears to be unworkable, the minister needs to be flooded with letters and complaints, and he will be obliged to make a change.

Nice sentiments but 100% not true. We have worked with the SRD for 12 years and recently in the last 2 years worked side by side in a trusting relationship. The end result of countless letters, meetings, donations, time, labor????
NOTHING
NOTTA
ZERO!!!!!
It made no frickin difference at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So everyone is entitled to gripe especially anyone that has donated time and $$$$ to AURS.

Tom :cry:
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.