Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: How AMAZING would this be?? - Lets bring Top Gear to the Rockies!!!  (Read 2018 times)

Offline bloodfart

• Baby Wheeler
I'm a big Top Gear fan, and I can't remember them EVER reviewing any jeep other than the Grand Cherokee briefly (i think). Every time I'm out wheeling, I can't stop thinking about how AMAZING it would be if we, the Calgary Jeep Association, wrote a letter to Clarkson, Hammond and May to invite them to review the Jeep Wrangler in the Canadian Rockies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it, they can put it up against their British Land Rover and whatever other third contender they feel like. OOOOOHHHHH it would be soo good. Take them wheeling and hunting for hot springs in the rockies or a million other things they could do. PLEASE GUYS, LETS GET  TOGETHER AND WRITE THEM A SICK LETTER AND CONVINCE THEM TO COME! They haven't really been in Canada either, other than on the trip to the north pole, so another reason why this is such a great idea  8)

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: How AMAZING would this be?? - Lets bring Top Gear to the Rockies!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
we don't go fast enough for Clarkson or Hammond.... maybe for Capt. Slow May.   
04 TJ Rubi

Offline VooDoo

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Clarkson took the discovery up a mountain in Scotland. Plus they did review the wrangler once but not off road. PS seen every episode and I love them idiots.
Shh.....Don't tell my wife I did that!!!

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:14:29 AM »
I love the winch points they had to use when going up the hill in Scotland.  They would probably come with a $100,000 buggy and put us all to shame, lol!
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
I'm a big Top Gear fan, and I can't remember them EVER reviewing any jeep other than the Grand Cherokee briefly (i think). Every time I'm out wheeling, I can't stop thinking about how AMAZING it would be if we, the Calgary Jeep Association, wrote a letter to Clarkson, Hammond and May to invite them to review the Jeep Wrangler in the Canadian Rockies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it, they can put it up against their British Land Rover and whatever other third contender they feel like. OOOOOHHHHH it would be soo good. Take them wheeling and hunting for hot springs in the rockies or a million other things they could do. PLEASE GUYS, LETS GET  TOGETHER AND WRITE THEM A SICK LETTER AND CONVINCE THEM TO COME! They haven't really been in Canada either, other than on the trip to the north pole, so another reason why this is such a great idea  8)
i think you should at least try. i can not see any reason CJA would not stand behind you (assuming you are a member)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.