Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Mclean creek conditions  (Read 1732 times)

Steve

Mclean creek conditions
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »
Planning on doing some camping on the "Mclean creek" side (left at the y past the parking lot with the quad loading ramp). I was wondering if anyone knew the condition of the puddle that usually hang out there all summer. Is it wet or dry out there? is the normal bypass to the puddle accessible? Looking to go out with a pair of stock 4x4’s and was wondering if we can make it past that area or if we should plan to go elsewhere.

Does anyone have any idea which area I’m speaking of? Right after the bridge, it’s a right turn in which usually lies a large rutted out puddle.

Thanks, any info is much appreciated.

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
Mclean creek conditions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:37:06 AM »
Dont know where your talking about but its dry out there, VERY dry.

Steve

Mclean creek conditions
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »
hahah yeah it doesn't sound like it does it.

thanks for the info.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Mclean creek conditions
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:21:16 PM »
Quote from: "Steve"
Planning on doing some camping on the "Mclean creek" side (left at the y past the parking lot with the quad loading ramp). I was wondering if anyone knew the condition of the puddle that usually hang out there all summer. Is it wet or dry out there? is the normal bypass to the puddle accessible? Looking to go out with a pair of stock 4x4’s and was wondering if we can make it past that area or if we should plan to go elsewhere.

Does anyone have any idea which area I’m speaking of? Right after the bridge, it’s a right turn in which usually lies a large rutted out puddle.

Thanks, any info is much appreciated.

I know where you mean.

Its very easy to go in from the other end. But as dry as it is, you should be able to go through, or around that section with no problems.

To go in from the other end, you go just past the Fisher east staging area on the back road. Turn right down the little incline, throught the puddle, over the bridge.

Take the immediate right hand trail straight until you go down a steel little hill that pops out at a 4 way. Turn right at 4 way and stay on it. That will take you all the way to the other side of the puddle you are referring to.

HTH
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]