Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Soft top recommendations?  (Read 1769 times)

giantjoe

Soft top recommendations?
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »
Yep, spring is coming and it's time to start talking about soft tops. The PO sold the soft top and all I got is a hard one. Could anyone recommend a soft top that's appropriate for Cagary.

I've got a black 2001 TJ, no hardware whatsoever, and I'm kinda leaning towards the Rampage fast back style. Theoretically I don't want any top on, and kind of feel like risking just a bikini style doorless, but I'm not sure if that's a very viable option.

Thoughts?

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Soft top recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »
 Bestop has complete kits with many options. I've installed many bestop tops and they are top notch and worth the money.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
I run the stock soft top year around.   Personally, I would never put on a hard top....

For the warm months, I often run around with no windows for weeks on end...   but having the option to zip up when needed is nice. It is Calgary after all.

There should be some soft tops up for sale soon.... always are some.   
04 TJ Rubi

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:27:45 PM »

Another vote for Bestop. I bought one for my old CJ and found it to be  superior to the old Kayline top that the previous owner had on it. Found it was not too bad in -30C here in Calgary even with the CJ's lackluster heater. The Bestop Supertop even came with an instructional video to aid in setup. Do some shopping around as these tops are over $800 the last time I looked.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

giantjoe

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »
Thanks guys, it's hard to take advice from people in Florida on what kind of top to get...

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Soft top recommendations?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »
This was my first year running the factory soft top all winter. No issues at all. Only reason I missed the hardtop was to carry the snowboards on the roof rack (Cherokee rails + Thule carrier). Other then that, wish I sold the damn thing in fall.

If you go with the rampage style, lemme know, maybe we can save on shipping.