Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Thanks CJA!  (Read 1747 times)

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
Thanks CJA!
« on: May 16, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
Hey Guys!

Been a while since I've been to a meet or posted, I know.  I've been sorting out a few things with my life so other aspects (hobbies) haven't had much time lately.

I was unfortunately laid off in January, but recently interviewed down in Seattle and I have accepted a job offer down there!

I'll be leaving Calgary soon (date unknown) and might not make it to another meet, so I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone!  I was brand new to the Jeeping world a few years ago and you guys accepted me with open arms and I learned a lot and had a lot of fun!

If you're ever in the Seattle area and want to hit the trails give me a shout! (also if you have any recommendations on a club to join out there, please pm me)
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
Re: Thanks CJA!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »

Congrats on the new job Kevin !

I think you'll really love Seattle and it's weather. Bring an umbrella.

There's a lot of scenic areas out there with phenomenal wheeling.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Thanks CJA!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Might hit you up on that. My sister is in Seattle so I am usually there at least once a year to visit.

Best of luck...try and avoid the I-5, its a bitch in rush hour.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:40:27 PM »
You'll be getting to Seattle at a great time. Maym June, July and August are just about perfect in the Pacific NW. Just don't forget your gore-tex body condom - it'll be the only thing that can keep you dry during the winter and early spring months.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 04:18:08 AM »
Was a pleasure to have wheeled with ya Kevin and seein that TJ of yours go nose first into 4' of pure Mclean mud. I will never forget that 101... Best of luck, and best wishes for the future down there!
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:57 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll do my best to survive the humid climate out there (I'm looking forward to the humidity...not to the overcast rainy season they call winter though).

Simon, the 101 was so amazing!  The pictures show up as my computer background now and again and I realize how sad it is that I haven't been out on a club run in close to two years.

There's a good chance I'll still be here for the June meet so I'll do my best to swing by and say hi to everyone!
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.