Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Waiparous Road work  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: Waiparous Road work
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
here's the deal, i probably use that road more often than you have ever used the trunk road, It has a great staging area for riding dirtbikes and there is an awesome camping spot on that road. That trail absolutely beats the heck out of my truck but not really a concern, i can deal with that. But, when i pull a cargo trailer for winter rides or pull my travel trailer to hidden camping spots, it really does suck.

For any one that wheels and uses that road, its no big deal but there really are no tuff trails anywhere near that road so i am unsure how fixing the road can impact a real wheeler. If you want i can direct you to tuff white knuckle trails that are now illegal but will never be fixed.

In summary, fixing the road is good for us users that access our playground and they will never pave it but i am sure that no one is upset about the paving that has occurred just shy of the 940's first stage area.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:09:36 PM by Spinalguy »
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Waiparous Road work
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
well, it's just that I see SOOOO much crap being said about the CJA when i'm on the interweb trying to find my way to the gugle maps, or from people when i'm on the trail on my way to some blocked off private land, that I just HAD to see for myself.  and usually i cool off for a couple weeks or months, then i hear another story, and i come back for another quick taste. and you folks sure don't disappoint :D

So....do you also go to bars and then complain that the place smells like beer?
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(