Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Dentists?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
Dentists?
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
Just curious if anyone has a good dentist, I have to be honest they scare me,..

I would like to find one that takes company benifit coverage up front and isn't brutally expensive.
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Dentists?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »
Hey Jenssen,

My buddy is a dentist and I highly recommend him, and not just because I know him.   He is meticulous in his work and deals with those of us who are more anxious about the dental office.  I've known Fred for 20 years now.  Honest and up front and actually spends time with his clients... does not push them through like other offices do.

And he does all the benefits up front too...   

Dr. Fred Koslowsky
Discovery Dental
936-10 Discovery Ridge Hill SW, Calgary
403 234-7400
04 TJ Rubi

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: Dentists?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:52:55 PM »
Hey Jenssen,

My buddy is a dentist and I highly recommend him, and not just because I know him.   He is meticulous in his work and deals with those of us who are more anxious about the dental office.  I've known Fred for 20 years now.  Honest and up front and actually spends time with his clients... does not push them through like other offices do.

Dr. Fred Koslowsky
Discovery Dental
403 234-7400

Kevin do you know if he follows the pricing structure of the insurance companies?

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
There are no published rates in Alberta, so each insurance company makes up their own rate table.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »
You will pay even with coverage. The pricing guidelines date back to the 90's(i believe?) and therefore do not cover 100%.
Dentists no longer charge 90's prices, you do the math.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »
I have heard (could be total bs) that Alberta is one of the few if not the only province that doesn't have to follow the insurance premium guidelines.  I have also heard that there are a few dentists in Calgary that do follow that pricing structure, hence the question.

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
Hey Jenssen,

Dr. Fred Koslowsky
Discovery Dental
403 234-7400

Thank-you
www.racingforthecure.ca

1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »
I have heard (could be total bs) that Alberta is one of the few if not the only province that doesn't have to follow the insurance premium guidelines.  I have also heard that there are a few dentists in Calgary that do follow that pricing structure, hence the question.

Yeah, it varies. My long time dentist is in the hood (Marlborough Mall) and I pay 45$ over and above my coverage for visits. A friend I work with goes downtown here in one of the buildings and he doesnt pay.

Perhaps they are busier downtown so their prices are discounted slightly versus guys out of the core? I dont know. I stick with mine because I've been there for years, but he is a bit expensive comparatively.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Teeka

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
There hasn't been a fee structure since 1997 in Alberta. Most fee guide put out by insurance companies are based of the 1997 fee guide with "reasonable inflation rate" decided by the insurance company. Another factor is how much you or your company pays into the plan is what you get in return. Alberta Blue Cross has 6 fee guides that I know of.

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »
Dr Derek Bosch 401 9th Ave SW is Sunlife Canada Square.  A few years back he did some emergency work for me on Christmas Eve.  Stand up guy and does awesome work.  I'd highly recommend him.  The only reason I don't go there anymore is it's DT and my wife and kids go to the dentist by our house so I switched also.
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 09:08:27 PM »
Thanks everyone! I have been going to Dr Fred K since January and I super happy, he is a great guy, explains things well and makes you feel comfortable even when you are scared shitless.

On the road to getting my mouth healthy again!!
www.racingforthecure.ca