Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2015 Jeep Renegade ..... *facepalm*  (Read 6462 times)

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: 2015 Jeep Renegade ..... *facepalm*
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 09:21:39 AM »
But, as far as we know, Johnny isn't a rolling abortion.....
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
lol i think jackstands is still a pretty good handle.  not much changes; my jeeps use them quite frequently ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
From the likely viewpoint where Jeep is committed to continuing to build "cars"......I kinda like it.  Will it be the next solid axle off-road monster?  No.  But it's certainly nicer then some of the other "Jeeps" out there, IMO.
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 12:26:32 AM »
Still holding my breath for the Gladiator.. Hopefully if it ever does come to light it wont keep the same korean influenced lines...
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »
BUMP:   ;D

OK when I first saw the Jeep Renegade concept, first thing that came to mind was the Kia Soul... then I remembered that pathetic Compass model and I just assumed it was a new generation of tiny useless fake SUV's.

That said, I've been paying attention to some of the details and specs recently... and started seeing some pretty interesting numbers on the TrailHawk model:

Rated Water Fording: 19"
Ground Clearance: 8.4"
Wheel Articulation: 8.1"
Front/Rear Tow Hooks
Crawl Ratio: 20:1
Transmission: 9 Speed - w/ 4-Low mapping
5 Landscape control settings (auto/snow/sand/mud/rock)
Selective Strut dampening

Yes I know that none of these are overly impressive...  However this vehicle is a lot smaller and weighs less than other 4x4 vehicles. It kind reminds me a lot of the old Suzuki Sidekicks... only maybe more capable?

I think with some decent MT's and a few tweaks it might actually be a pretty fun little off-road vehicle... cheap to buy, cheap to run, light and small enough to make up for its short comings... or am I just falling for the Fiat/Jeep ruse?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:23:52 PM by Sugarphreak »
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »
I guess I am also in minority - I think it is a neat looking little car, I wouldn't call it jeep in the traditional sense of solid axles but it would be a fun car for the wife to drive, and there is no way we can afford a new grand cherokee to replace he ZJ so this one might be something she likes.  That said I would like it alot more if they didn't commit the crime of calling it a renegade, that is just wrong!
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 09:04:09 AM »
Personally would prefer this one...
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re: Re: Re: 2015 Jeep Renegade ..... *facepalm*
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »
I guess I am also in minority - I think it is a neat looking little car, I wouldn't call it jeep in the traditional sense of solid axles but it would be a fun car for the wife to drive, and there is no way we can afford a new grand cherokee to replace he ZJ so this one might be something she likes.  That said I would like it alot more if they didn't commit the crime of calling it a renegade, that is just wrong!
I like it too. You were right to call it a car though. It has a place. And maybe if jeep sells enough they will leave the wrangler alone. I would rather them sell lots of those and leave the wrangler with removable doors, top and solid axles. I think its a better alternative to a rav4, crv, sportage, trax, etc, etc, etc. I'd rock one for daily, awd, GREAT fuel economy and save pennies for the next wrangler or more money to fix up a tj

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
FIAT disappoints me, only those flamboyant Europeans would buy ugly crap like this, don't bring this stuff to North America leave it n Europe where it belongs. and give use the North American Jeep styling back Just like the Jeep Grand Wagoneer  example.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 05:30:02 PM »
Arent you a flamboyant European? Last we heard you were looking to put round headlights on your XJ....
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »
Arent you a flamboyant European? Last we heard you were looking to put round headlights on your XJ....

He doesn't have an XJ. It has a frame, and thus he now has a soul....
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »
ive stopped being European when I came to Canada when the flames won the CUP in 89.

I do still drink vodka though
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:23:33 PM by raf2379 »

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »
Gross.

Watch out, word on the street is your wife wants one.....

06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts