Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2014 Jeep 101  (Read 6748 times)

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: 2014 Jeep 101
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »
Sorry kiwi but we are full at this point. If some one drops out, I will let you know.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline ornamental

• UberWheeler
    • http://www.webshots/users/yeungstreet
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »
FYI.  Shell in Bragg creek is open at 7 am tomorrow to top up your gas tanks...

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
Rain or shine people, will be a good day even if it's a little wet out.
Dress accordingly:)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline evanwiley

• Stocker
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 09:58:38 AM »
Great day and session for me as a new jeep owner!  great job Specialk and other members teaching us the do's and don'ts

Link to one of the vids I took: https://plus.google.com/111700490648195983939/posts/BXdpNuNW1yc
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:07:55 AM by evanwiley »
---
Evan Wiley
upgraded to 2012 Sport. Upgrading time

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
I'm glad you guys had fun! The weather turned out to be pretty good. It was a great group, trail was fun and no nasty surprises.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Craig

• Stocker
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »
I did not know what my GC was capable of, well I do now!! Thanks to all the CJA members for showing us the way. A brilliant heart racing day and a wonderful group to be out with and to see how all the different models behave. If any one has pics of me could you please send them or post them. Im not sure how this web site works yet. Hope I am doing the right thing here??

Offline JPuchyr

• Winch Wench
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »
WOW!

That was a great day!
Very big thanks to SpecialK, and all the other CJA members for setting this up and helping out.
The day was a lot of fun - and it was cool to meet a bunch of other enthusiast who were curious about what their Jeep can do.

I was very impressed by the capabilities of the entire Jeep platform - especially the Grand Cherokee (extra kudos to you Craig (ie The Crazy Cherokee Guy))

But, as someone said: it's not just the Jeep, it's the driver too.  You could have a totally modded-up rig, but if you don't know how to drive it, it's not going anywhere.

So again, very big thanks to everyone for all the coaching, tricks tips and advice.
An awesome day, and a great learning experience.

Here's a couple pics from the staging area - forgot to take the muddy after shot  :-[

Offline Craig

• Stocker
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »
The Calgary Jeep Association is pleased to announce the 7th annual Off-Road 101 Course

This is a one day, family friendly course that is open to anyone that will introduce participants to the basic skills that are necessary during an Off-Road adventure, as well as safe and environmentally friendly practices while on the trail.

Rough outline of the day:
The course will take place at the Mclean Creek off highway land use area.  We will be meeting at the Mclean Creek store from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. At 9am we'll start with introduction to off-roading instruction, along with various beginner obstacles to get you acquainted with your jeeps capabilities. Around noon we'll have a short lunch break (you’re responsible to bring your own lunch as well as addition food and drinks the rest of the day).  Then we'll head out for a trail ride with CJA members providing instruction and support throughout the way.  Please note that this is an off-roading activity and there is always the possibility that damage and scratches can occur to any vehicle.  The trail guides will do their best to prevent / minimize any potential damage to the vehicles, but the potential is always there.

The number of registrants will be limited to 30

Date: Saturday, June 14, 2014

Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.  Please send a PM to:  specialk

Entry fee: Donation to the Calgary Jeep Association Trail Fund.

**The trail fund is used to build and maintain the local OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trail system in order to insure that future generations can enjoy it. **

Vehicle Requirements to attend
•   Must be a Jeep Product that has off road capabilities
•   Must have up to date Registration, Insurance and License plates
•   Must have front and rear tow points properly secured to the vehicle
•   Must be mechanically sound. (no oil leaks, etc)
•   A proper seat belt for each passenger and driver
•   Must have good quality tires (no worn out and bald tires please)
•   Optional CB Radio – This is for the benefit of the entire group

** Please note that an inspection will be completed to all vehicles to verify the minimum vehicle requirements are met.  Vehicles that do not meet the minimum may be asked not to participant.  This is for the safety of everyone and is not negotiable **

Driver and Participants
•   The owner of the vehicle must be present
•   The driver must have a valid driver's license
•   All non CJA members must sign a liability waver
•   Must bring enough food and drinks for all participants in the Jeep.  Extra food and water is always a good idea
•   Clothing appropriate for the weather conditions
•   No pets please

Drugs and alcohol are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. You will be asked to leave immediately and possibly the police will be contacted.

This will take place rain or shine or snow, so please dress appropriately (footwear, etc).  If you have any additional questions, please post up here and we can answer them.

Offline Craig

• Stocker
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:32 PM »
Sorry I am making a mess of this. How do you attach photos to a post??or how to up load an image??

Offline Mr1500

• Stocker
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »
Thanks to all CJA Members for putting on a great event!! My wife and I learned a lot and my daughter is still amazed at what a JKU can do and not get stuck!! Thanks so much!! Hoping to make it out to the General Meeting!!