Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Yj door hardware  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
Yj door hardware
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:42:59 AM »
I've searched high and low for parts to rebuild the hardware in my yj full doors.  Hinges and handles are easy to find, but i cannot seem to locate the hardware for all the linkages and such.

One of my wholesalers used to own a yj and told me you can buy just the plastic bits to rebuild, but I have yet to find these.

The drivers window does not roll all the way up.  You cannot unlock the doors with a key, only by hand at the mechanism inside with the panel off.  Even the inside door lock will not unlock it, its like it doesn't have enough travel to flip the lock mechanism over that last little bit.

Has anyone had any experience with this before?  The doors are pretty decent and dont want to replace them, just fix them.

I can take photos if you need to see what im talking about.
06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
Re: Yj door hardware
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »
I've posted about 5 times looking for a window mech for mine over the last ten years - I keep the faith that someone will eventually get smucked on the pass side
For the linkages I fixed mine with simple zip ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
Re: Yj door hardware
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:35 AM »
I did find assemblies at Morris 4x4, but at $95usd/ side.  Its supposed to be an "upgraded" version, but who knows.  Pretty sure i just need the plastic bits.

I just thought though, its mostly the plastic pieces i need.  I had a buddy who for his daughters wedding needed a simple little plastic gear made for a chocolate fondu fountain, the original had broke.  I suggested he buy a casting kit from PM hobbycraft and it worked wonderfully.  I think i will try that.

That is when i get the time to do it lol.
06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts