Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Lift Listing to one side  (Read 941 times)

jeeppilot

Lift Listing to one side
« on: July 09, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »
93 YJ has 4" rubi exp lift kit, after about a year jeep is about two inches lower on left side.  Driver is about 230 lbs, could it be just that it has been driven with no passengers, or is there another reason.  How could I fix it and make it ride level. Help!!  Thanks in advance!

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Lift Listing to one side
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 05:33:12 PM »
I would try calling Rubicon Express and see about some warranty
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Lift Listing to one side
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:53:54 PM »
Quote from: "jeeppilot"
93 YJ has 4" rubi exp lift kit, after about a year jeep is about two inches lower on left side.  Driver is about 230 lbs, could it be just that it has been driven with no passengers, or is there another reason.  How could I fix it and make it ride level. Help!!  Thanks in advance!

Most common is a seized or blown shock making things look twised.

Push each corner of the bumper to see if you can tell a difference on one corner or another.

I dont know about RE leaf lifts, but some lifts do come with some varying spring heights to compensate for the driver. If that were the case, and the springs were installed on the wrong side, it would double the effect and be pretty noticable.

I would ask RE, or post a thread on JU in the YJ section to confirm that or not.

Lastly, take take a look at the leafs, and see if one is noticably flaterther then the other. If that were the case, standens can re bend a spring for you.

hth
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]