4x4 Related Groups > Tech Talk

<< < (2/3) > >>

dljaljevic:

w squared:
A steering stabilizer is just a mask for things that are wrong. It's nice to have one on your DD....but not having one won't cause problems. Keep looking for your loose bolt or mounting hole that's hogged out.

hps4evr:

--- Quote from: w squared on October 24, 2017, 07:48:31 PM ---A steering stabilizer is just a mask for things that are wrong. It's nice to have one on your DD....but not having one won't cause problems. Keep looking for your loose bolt or mounting hole that's hogged out.

--- End quote ---
This isn't always the case. I have seen 100% stock and low mileage Jk's with the violent shake. No parts worn out except a bad steering damper. More often then not something else is worn out causing the shake, usually modified suspension/steering/large tire's. Almost seems like every jeep has its own personality.

Sixty4X4:
My new to me JKU Rubicon has 150kkms on it and was not feeling the greatest going over EG angled railway crossings. Nothing serious but I did not like it. Bought a Bilstein damper from 4x4Parts last Friday and installed today at U-Wrench - hoist is nice. Truck feels much firmer and totally different now. The OEM piece had 1" of slop either way and would sometimes pump up - it had to go. Recommend the Bilstein to everyone as the ram is way bigger than the stocker

dljaljevic:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version