Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Trails 4 Tomorrow AGM - WE NEED YOU!!  (Read 689 times)

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
Trails 4 Tomorrow AGM - WE NEED YOU!!
« on: January 29, 2022, 12:18:35 PM »
Please see below for details for Trails 4 Tomorrow’s annual general meeting (AGM). Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you all there!!

Trails 4 Tomorrow (T4T) is holding an AGM on March 30 and we  NEED  your involvement! We NEED 12-15 people for the T4T board to ensure continued success.

The UCP recently announced that the Trails Act is coming and there will be many new opportunities for us to really shape our trail future. We have worked hard to foster relationships with external stakeholders (such as Alberta Environment and Parks) and we need help to continue to grow those relationships. There are bridge projects, trails to inventory and other exciting opportunities in 2022 and beyond.

The current President is stepping down after moving out of province. T4T is an Alberta based Society and needs local leadership. All positions are available.

List of roles we are looking to fill and their responsibilities
President - Set goals, agenda, keep org focused on priorities. Stop unnecessary work.
Vice President - Master 5E trail planner
Secretary - Member lists. Official record keeper
Treasurer - Money Keeper
Fund Raising - Grants, getting money
External Relations – NGO's, Non-Motorized Clubs. (May require multiple people)
Social Media - Public Relations, Marketing & Communications
Tech Coordinator - Maps, Trail Inventory, Data Management, website
Project Manager - Project planning and execution
Volunteer Coord - Heath, Safety & Environment policies, Communicating, organizing, training volunteers
Gov't Relations - Coordinate the Area Trail Reps
Trail Reps - Know the clubs,  know the trails,  know the locals,  know the local issues,  know the local officials (Requires multiple people, 3 minimum).

Nominations for the first 4 core positions are requested before the AGM to allow us to prepare for the meeting.

The Current’s T4T board has created the following Vision and Mission, as well as what we want to do and what we won't do.

Vision:  Alberta: Full of 5E trails to explore

Mission:
              Trail planning for the future
              Sustain great trails
Build better trails

What do we actually do?           
              Advocacy to Gov't & NGO's for trails for 4x4's
              Collaborate with Gov't & Clubs on implementing the Trails Act
              5E Trail System Master Planning (see below)
              Trail Inventory - Routes and Conditions
              Project Planning & Project Approvals
              Train local clubs on Projects
              Train local clubs on condition monitoring
              Fundraising for trail projects
              Provide clubs Tread Lightly content

What we don't do?       
              Social trail rides, events, tours, etc.
              Execution of Trail projects
              Take liability for clubs or user groups
              End user etiquette & behaviour education
              Train End users on Tread Lightly

The 5E's:
Experience – Master trail planning that incorporates ecological, social, and trail sustainability while providing the experience Albertan's desire.
Engineering – Budget and implementation capability to create sustainable trails by decreasing our spatial human footprint, not just re-use unsustainable existing linear disturbances.
Education – Ensure users know what to expect, what to do, and their responsibilities on the trails. Education can provide opportunities for users to become trail stewards.
Enforcement – Use enforcement to ensure user compliance with the plan and legislations regarding land use.
Evaluation – Continuously improve the plan to address any issues that may arise.
Economy - Trails 4 Tomorrow also considers the 6th E of Economy. Economy is something that happens once all other 5E's are implemented. Recreation is tourism.

Why are the 5E's so important to our success? (link to 5Es)
The 5E's is a framework for managing recreation on public land. It ensures that a balanced approach to support the goals of Trails 4 Tomorrow and it’s supporters. This is in contrast to past governments’ use of access management to limit access to public land. When the 5Es are used to manage recreation, we get trails on the maps, we get trails that we enjoy using and the trails get maintained to ensure they stay on the map.

What is a 5E Trail Master Plan?

A Master Trail Plan is a vital part of an overall recreation management plan for a management area. The Master Trail Plan will define the long-term vision for the planning area and include elements such as potential trail maps that define key elements of the trail system such as staging areas, main access corridor trails, and experience trails. It will also include key values for the area, such as scenic vistas or other valuable destinations, and sensitive wildlife corridors to be avoided. The master plan will include key metrics of success, such as length of trails, either measured in actual distance, or measured in ‘Seat time’. A full 5E Trail Master plan will include all these items, as well as considerations of each of the 5Es in the plan: identify the unique Experiences in the area, the Engineering considerations, how users will be Educated and rules Enforced, and the key performance indicators to be used for Evaluation.

If any of this interests you, please visit: https://www.trails4tomorrow.ca/agm-2022 or send an email to  [email protected] for your link to the virtual AGM or any further information.
Why buy a Jeep when you can walk for free🤪🤪🤪🤪

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
Re: Trails 4 Tomorrow AGM - WE NEED YOU!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 09:31:43 AM »
Bump and reminder to nominate awesome folks you think would rock some of these roles. You can also nominate yourselves!

Offline Sixty4X4

• CJA Members
  • Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:15:02 PM »
I am worried about the complete list of roles up for grabs. Does this mean the entire T4T executive are retiring their positions all at once. This would mean no continuity from old watch to new watch. I may be able to help in a position but not president or treasurer. I could put my name forward for Project Manager or Trail Rep. I have worked in industry as a PM role before.
2008 JKU Ruby, Jeep steel bumper, 9500 winch, 2016 5.3 Chev LT & 8L90 8 spd auto, 285 Maxxis Bighorns, MC 2.5" and LC Arms.

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 03:11:36 PM »
I am worried about the complete list of roles up for grabs. Does this mean the entire T4T executive are retiring their positions all at once. This would mean no continuity from old watch to new watch. I may be able to help in a position but not president or treasurer. I could put my name forward for Project Manager or Trail Rep. I have worked in industry as a PM role before.

Hey Barry! Our pres did move to BC but a few of us are hoping to stay. To keep it democratic, we have just publicized all positions and people will be nominated and elected at the AGM. Super happy to hear about your interest! You can teach us all a few things. Please email [email protected] to nominate yourself or others. Hope to see you at the AGM!

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 02:05:29 PM »
Bump! Are all of us signed up to attend yet???

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 10:22:34 AM »
Yessum… well… at least I am  8)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 06:21:09 AM by MattMan »
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s