Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: This should be interesting  (Read 544 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
This should be interesting
« on: May 10, 2021, 07:30:06 AM »
https://www.dirt-hero.com/

This should be interesting. If any club members apply and get in the let us know. A lot of knowledge and experience in this club and we will gladly help.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
Re: This should be interesting
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:42:58 PM »
Cool 😎
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline hamrtime

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:08:30 PM »

** warning **
not saying dirt-hero isnt what it appears but we should all be aware that fraud is at all time high these days, feel really bad elderly getting scammed these days but it can happen to any of us - come close myself few times,   no expert but I am a geek with a keyboard and this is how it looks: you can not validate who is running this dirt-hero.com because there is no contact info on the site and the name dirt-hero.com is registered by what's known as a proxy site that hides the owners identity - similar to something called VPN,  this doesn't really sound like someone in show biz ...

so if interested go for it but if you get hit up with registration fee's etc then I'd bail

unless someone on here as the inside on them and is going to vouch for them

--
to follow the bread crumbs goto any WHOIS LOOKUP website to see who owns dirt-hero.com such as:
https://www.domain.com/whois/whois/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=genericsearch&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5qmh1ffH8AIVgTizAB03GwbaEAAYAiAAEgIlgfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

you will find the owner is this proxy site who hides the real owners identity
https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/default.aspx

you will see people complaining about scams run from the proxy site on reputable sites like this:
https://www.bbb.org/us/az/scottsdale/profile/internet-service/domains-by-proxy-llc-1126-9001808

'89 yj - bought new - almost got my moneys worth
'97 xj - family cruiser now

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 08:18:02 PM »
The “About” section has the groups listed who are organizing this.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hamrtime

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 09:59:29 PM »
had checked the about, leads to nice young man in olds but no contact info, the MGD in company name came up as someone's initials in an austrialian company that doesnt seem to have much of a web presence ...

again I dont know squat - maybe less than squat and obviously have to much time on my hands ... just be cautious if at some point $ is to change hands when all roads lead to anonymous

on side note,  anyone ever contact those kjijji ad's that are borderline to good to be true like the recent "2005/6 rubicon TJ unlimited with 80K mileage" located somewhere close like spruce grove (though all the pictures are in a desert ) with really decent price but can only communicate with you via gmail account and tell you "so many people contacting me you need to send a deposit to view" ,  just curious as I sometimes contact them just for fun ...

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 11:04:00 PM »
I didn’t see anything about an entry fee. Just prize money. I figure since truck night in America was cancelled maybe someone local wanted to try something similar. I suspect they will use the racetrack in Alix as well. Just a guess though.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hamrtime

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 12:07:42 PM »

dirt offroad group that owns dirt-hero.com been posting on facebook, the 36 contestants have been chosen and notified, the "punisher" group [ Rocky Mtn House http://www.punisher4x4.com ]  say they have leased their equipment to "dirt offroad" group , there are references to Tail  Creek Race Way east of Red Deer.

anyone enter and been notified ?

didnt someone in a "punisher" competition use to post on this site - owned an xj with orange and black tiger stripes maybe ?

I reached out the TJ media website but they never got back, another connection dirt offroad group referenced (fabricator in blackfalds I believe) they only provided 1/2 the address so
its a vacant lot - maybe the "punisher" connection will change my mind as I want to believe

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »
There’s a media blackout for the event. The first rule of dirt-hero is don’t talk about dirt-hero.
YJ=Y’all Jealous