Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Volunteers Needed for 2022 Recreational Stewardship Fair!  (Read 349 times)

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
Volunteers Needed for 2022 Recreational Stewardship Fair!
« on: July 18, 2022, 08:52:24 PM »
There are 3 upcoming dates for the 2nd Annual Recreational Stewardship Fair and your help is needed.

This is our chance to put our money where our mouth is... to demonstrate the trail education and stewardship that we preach.

What is a Recreational Stewardship Fair?
They are an outdoor public event that gives people who use the backcountry a chance to learn some basic principles, skills, and interesting facts about our backcountry. We believe that information is the best way to help conserve our trails.

What they need from our club:
Trails 4 Tomorrow will support getting all the information we need to get to the event. They need 1-2 clubs per event to sign up to have a booth and show the public how 4 wheel drive users are stewards of the land. They need us to talk about things like how to air down your tires and why, why use a tree saver, or packing out what you brought in (just to name a few!).

This is the 4WD’s chance to pass on information that could be useful to new people using the trails, educate the general public on how awesome 4WD folks are, and make a real impact in conserving and improving our trail systems. Feedback from the clubs that participated last year were that the Fairs were a fun and exciting way to help people understand the 4WD community. For more information on last year’s event please visit https://www.trails4tomorrow.ca/get-involved/recreational-stewardship-fairs-2021

Three dates/locations are planned for 2022:

Date: August 6, 2022
Time 10am - 3:30pm

Date: August 20, 2022
Time: 10am - 3:30pm
Tentative Location: McGillivray Staging Area

Date: September 24, 2022
Time: 10am - 3:30pm

I'm looking for a couple club members to join me for the Waiparous event on the 24th.
Please post up ASAP if you are interested/available.

More information can be found on the Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-2022-recreational-stewardship-fair-tickets-383054615667
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 09:02:32 PM by MattMan »
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
Re: Volunteers Needed for 2022 Recreational Stewardship Fair!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 11:28:24 PM »
I think I can be there on the 24th with ya.
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 10:35:32 PM »
I think I can be there on the 24th with ya.
Thanks Jamie  8)
MattMan

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 07:54:49 AM »
Hey Everyone!
In need of a little more help/representation down at the Crowsnest Stewardship Fair next weekend.
Please post up if you are available and we can put you in touch with Barry, who's heading this one up for the club.

Location: Crowsnest PassDate: August 20, 2022Time: 10am - 3:30pmLocation: McGillivray Staging Area
MattMan