Off Highway Staging Area > Open Trail Rides

Ghost Lake Ice Tracks

(1/3) > >>

YJGUY:
I'll be heading out to Ghost Lake this weekend to play around on the ice racing tracks that are set up. If anyone else is interested we can meet up. I'm good for Saturday or Sunday, supposed to be nice both days.

I was out there last weekend for an hour or so and it was pretty fun. There is a group that has plowed 6 different tracks and you can just jump onto any of them. It's stock friendly, even with a normal car. There are very low snow walls (a few inches high in most spots) so you won't damage a Jeep but you might tweak a bumper on an Accord.

There were people out in all kinds of rides last weekend. Prepped cars, ATV's, SXS and dirt bikes. And a lot of regular people like me just popping in to try it out for a few laps on each track. It's not organized, just be sensible, wait your turn or find a spot in lap to jump in. People spin out and you just have to be sensible about your speed etc and help out if someone gets stuck.

You go in off the boat launch on the north side of the bridge. https://goo.gl/maps/F81YKkvX6dtamxae6

Its protected from the wind and lots of people have fires set up along the shorelines with groups bbqing etc.

If you're interested, post up and we'll see if somthing can be organized, even if it's just for a few hours to try it out and watch some of the others.

rws:
Sounds interesting.  Good info, never have heard about this.

YJGUY:
I'm thinking Saturday. If anyone is interested we can meet at A&W on the West end of Town for 10am, grab snacks/lunch and leave by 10:30. It's about a 15 mintue drive from there to the lake.

https://goo.gl/maps/mNafJUcQRpwEdSTu8

If others are coming I'll bring some wood for a fire. Otherwise if you are out there just look for me in the white JL. It will be nice to sit outside in the sun and watch others do their thing. We'll probably hang out for a couple of hours. Dog friendly too. 

There are outhouses at the boat launch and places to park a truck/trailer on land if you are bringing an ATV or SXS. There were a few people trailering their vechicles with the serious ice racing guys having all their cars on a big wedge trailer.

I saw some videos on Instagram and it looks like I missed some nice cars that showed up. Older JDM stuff and even an Mercedes AMG GTS coupe.

rws:
I'm going out for a look on Saturday.  Not sure of timing so may not make the A&W by 10.

YJGUY:
Sounds good. I’ll be there around 10. Just need to stop at subway first and I think they open at 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version