Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2007 Wranglers  (Read 6351 times)

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
2007 Wranglers
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
Quote from: "triver525"

I was thinking that they might even be pre-production test units for journalists.  Probably making the rounds accross Western Canada.

I don't think so, they are already on the lots south of the border
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Jaguar

2007 Wranglers
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 03:54:47 PM »
Quote from: "fony3"

Me and some buddies were joking when they came out with the four door saying it was JK for "just kidding". Obviously that aint the case.

I was hoping for the longest time, that it was just a Joke......... But the JK started to grow on me. Sectional hard top, large stock tire size, etc. it's looking better and better. I'll definately be going down to take a peek at one when they get here.

Offline fony3

• UberWheeler
2007 Wranglers
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »
Review in the Calgary Herald today...Havent had a chance to read it yet, but i figured i would get the word out.

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
2007 Wranglers
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 04:23:32 PM »
I was in five Jeep dealers today, three in Calgary (Tower, Big 4, Varsity) and two in Red Neck Deer (Northwest, Southside).  No JK to been seen anywhere.  Not in front.  Not in any showroom.  Not anywhere on the lot at any of them.  If there's a public "debut" release date delay for showroom display until they all have one example, those that have one are obviously hiding them somewhere.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
2007 Wranglers
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »
New October issue of Car and Driver is out.  Page 86 features the international press introduction weekend to the new Wranglers in Zambia, Africa.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

triver525

2007 Wranglers
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »
I just heard that Sept 18th is the official date that DC has given its dealers to start selling.  This is in the States of course and it is completely hearsay but it explains why people keep seeing them on the trucks but all the dealers are stunned to hear that they are coming.  Conspiracy?   :shock:

Offline ramtuff

• Budget Lift
2007 Wranglers
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 12:49:42 PM »
Quote from: "triver525"
I just heard that Sept 18th is the official date that DC has given its dealers to start selling.  This is in the States of course and it is completely hearsay but it explains why people keep seeing them on the trucks but all the dealers are stunned to hear that they are coming.  Conspiracy?   :shock:

The ones you see on the trucks are for the dealer "Ride  and Drives". Its a program where pre-production units are sent by truck from city to city so the sales people get a chance to check out and drive new models.

I've been to a couple, the vehicles they send are usually cobbled together and can have miss matched parts on them. Once they are done the "Ride and Drive" curcuit they are usually crushed.
Killer Off Road Equipment

triver525

2007 Wranglers
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »
The ones I saw looked pretty new.  Nipples on the tires and everything.  You would think that if they had been driven before they wouldn't look so good.  Not to mention that there were several (5-6) Dodge Nitros on the truck too.  Doesn't add up in my mind.