Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: killer cutline?? and missing signs  (Read 6518 times)

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
killer cutline?? and missing signs
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"
or with Honda Civic

OK Dom, you've said it now.  Let me know when you are going to prove it.  Should make for fun pictures.  Boxing day maybe.  :wink:

gsxtacy

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 10:09:20 PM »
how's this for hipocracy...when i was out in the earlier part of the summer with a friend from work, i spotted a trail marker (jeep) sign nailed to a tree...i thought they were trying to protect the land and creatures.   i've got a pic to scan in and let them have it.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 07:44:03 AM »
Quote from: "JohnB"
Quote from: "SwampSinger"
or with Honda Civic

OK Dom, you've said it now.  Let me know when you are going to prove it.  Should make for fun pictures.  Boxing day maybe.  :wink:

I've seen a VW Fox station wagon twice at Margaret Lake... :shock:  :lol:

& .... as I can remember the trail was in worst condition then.. :roll:

I put my foot in my mouth.. I have to go buy a Civic now  :wink:  :lol:

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »
Quote from: "gsxtacy"
how's this for hipocracy...when i was out in the earlier part of the summer with a friend from work, i spotted a trail marker (jeep) sign nailed to a tree...i thought they were trying to protect the land and creatures.

I noticed that too. If anyone else nailed something to a tree, I'm pretty sure something would be said :evil:   I believe that recently, a well intentioned group built some bird houses and nailed them to trees in the Maclean Creek area. The Conservation officers were not to happy about that. The same CO's who put up the waiparous signs ???? Hypocrisy is a good word to use here.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

gsxtacy

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 11:18:15 AM »
i'm going out on friday night w./ jag, so i'll see if i can find this again, or if they've taken it down...   we can raise some hell with these pics.  i find it hard to believe that they would accuse us of misuse and damaging the trails and then they go and damage a tree to nail some goofy piece of plastic to it.

oh well...that's all politicians are...hipocrates. (and jokes) :twisted:
i'm gunna get a black eye from this one for sure...

:roll:

"hey...to everyone (especially those who talked to the moderators), i'm sorry about the wording of my post...this kinda stuff (hipocracy in general) makes me very mad and sometimes i just have to let it all spew out...i'll do that @ the meeting in october, or this one, if i make it back from crow mountain in time! :)  but for now, i apologize and realize that was the wrong approach to take."

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »
I don't think  anybody is happy with this situation. it's done... We have to deal with it.

Please people... It will do no good to "raise hell" .... Instead try to focus your energy into something more constructive like finding a way to get our trails back.

Talk to these guys www.ab4wd.com and see if you can help!!!

Thanks!!

HappyTheJeepMan

Killer cutline closed?
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 04:33:52 AM »
Actually...if you have ever checked out Killer Cutline, I believe it is closed to about 99.23% of the rigs out there.  Sign or no sign  :wink: