General Forums > Chit-Chat

My Mom's lookin' for an SUV

(1/2) > >>

4low:
ok, So I got a phone call from my mom, and she wants to start lookin' for an SUV. (used probably)
~15k to spend.
must be auto, 4wd, and have some options ie: AC, pdl, pw, and maybe command start.
decent fuel ecomony is a must....
Anyway, I don't know too much about various Urban 4x4's and thought I'd ask opinions of others on here re: what is worth looking at and what to avoid.

Thanks.
Mike

bae146:
Good luck with the fueleconomy and 4wd.  The two do not go had in hand.  Unless she goes small suv... ie chevy tracker, honda crv or that little toyota.  The ford escape and mazda tribute are the same basic truck just different interriors.

Good luck

henry:
If she wants fuel economy, do not get a Jeep Liberty with a 3.7L V6.  Ours is horrible on gas (has OK power) and I drive like an old woman.  The four banger Liberty may be better on gas, but I haven't driven one with a four banger so I can't say how underpowered they are.  Other than the gas mileage issues, and people laughing at you because they think its not a real Jeep, they are ok.

Darren :twisted:

michie:
Hey just cause you don't get good milage <laugh>  Granted I only get 500km per tank

henry:
We MIGHT get 410km on the highway.  Thats flat land, on the way to Kindersley SK (400km from our house in NW Calgary), with no wind (yes I said NO wind) doing the speed limit.  I would only try it in the summer and its on fumes when we arrive there.  I would fill in Oyen or Hanna normally just to be safe.  Great vehicle, dependable, reliable and virtually no problems, just crappy gas mileage.  If the diesel version wasn't so $$$, that would definitely be the way to go.

Darren 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version