Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Sundog  (Read 4600 times)

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Sundog
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 11:59:52 PM »
Just thought I would post this since it seems fitting, as per the site guidelines   :D  :D

Thread Hijacking

Hijacking a thread is not considered good etiquette.
There are several definitions/methods of hijacking a thread; any and all are considered poor forum etiquette.
Examples;
Asking a new question that is completely off topic to the original thread post.
Two or more members begin “chatting” in a separate “personal” conversation.

Why the concern about “Hijacking threads”?
Users join threads because they find a thread compelling and feel they must get involved. A number of users sign on, hit "Today’s Active Topics" and read the few of interest to them. But, if the thread is titled for one topic and changes a few posts in, chances are only a very few people are ever going to see it, however marvellous and useful it ends up being.
Also, it isn't fair to the originator of the thread, since many are reluctant to interrupt an ongoing conversation, even if it's just to return to the title topic.
Yes, you can even hijack your own thread. I guess the thought process is something like "I started this thread, I'll discuss what I please". This is self-defeating, since once a thread is off-topic most will lose interest and never return, even if it drifts back.
Give a little consideration to other posters and readers. You can always start a new thread based on an offshoot of an ongoing thread.

P. S. If a thread is "hijacked" the hijacking post(s) may be edited and labelled with a friendly reminder or it may be removed/deleted. "
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline 4low

• Budget Lift
Sundog
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 04:01:43 AM »
I'd like to throw in that I enjoy this site!!

For the most part it's safe to go to, no offensive language, and very jeep orientated.

I prefer this site to all the other local sites (that I know of anyway)

Thank you CJA.

Peace;
Mike
BTL WGN

><>

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Sundog
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
Quote from: "4low"
I'd like to throw in that I enjoy this site!!

For the most part it's safe to go to, no offensive language, and very jeep orientated.

I prefer this site to all the other local sites (that I know of anyway)

Thank you CJA.

Peace;
Mike

Thank you Mike :D  :D  :D

We like it alot too

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Sundog
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »
I would like to apologize to Tom Asia. I misunderstood your post a bit. I know you didn't mean to offend anyone. You were stating your opinion (it's your right). I "kind of" lay on you a bit and I'm sorry for that bud.  :roll:

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
Sundog
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
No worries, like water off the back of a duck.  You posted that the site was boring and I took advantage of that.  My reply was sarcastic and needled the CJA rules/policies.  I knew it would generate some replies, some opinions, maybe even some debate.  Hell, it might even add some colour and interest to help out with the bland factor.  Everyone was civil, no apology needed.  I'll drop by for the beer and chit chat.
near stock advocate

Jaguar

Sundog
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 03:29:33 PM »
So getting back on tipic....

http://www.wonderquest.com/Sundogs.htm