Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: coil spacers  (Read 921 times)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
coil spacers
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »
going to ask it even though i'll sound like a dumbass.
i have some spacers i'm addin in the front to level out the ZJ.  now, to put these on, can i do it with out disconnecting my brakelines, and use a coil compressor to pull the spring, or should i just disconnect them, droop the suspension so i can slide it in there?  i just don't feel like bleeding brakelines, so if i can avoid it, i will.
also going to be adding adj. upper control arms.
just thought i'd see what people think?
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
coil spacers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:15:43 AM »
just disconnect the shocks and that will give you enough droop to get compressed spring out. undo the brakeline mount from the body... no need to have the brakes opened up.  you may have to use a little  finesse and persuation of the prying kind to get everything in.....  i found that popping the tierod and draglink off will give some extra room( just dont damage them taking them off :wink: ).  i just took out my 3.5" spring nd a 1.75 spacer out and putting in a 5.5 RE coil and am going to put the 3.5 RE front coil in the back for hopefully 6.5" lift due to the longer spring.   fun fun fun.... nothing like playiung with springs under compression :shock:
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp
01 WJ, the pavement princess that has been mirror deep in a hole
RIP -- 88 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 31 MT

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
coil spacers
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 12:57:52 AM »
haha, doesn't sound like too much fun lol. hope that swap works for you. i've been thinking bout doin that, but I think i'll just stick with cutting all my fenders out for now....... until i can long arm it...
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
coil spacers
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 10:16:33 PM »
Get a buddy to stand on the end of the axle while you try and pop the spacer in. Obviously take the tire off. The brake likes shouldn't matter. There should be plenty of line left to drop the axle down.
Undoing the shock helps too.
VA6CPL
Jeepless....