Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Trail Regulations  (Read 1699 times)

4Points

Trail Regulations
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:26:08 PM »
I know this is a touchy subject but does anyone know if the existing trails in the Ghost FLUZ that are not shown on the trail map are off limits or what.   Because there are alot of trails that aren't and I don't want to get fined for being off the map.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Trail Regulations
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »
Correct, Only Jeep trails marked on map are allowed.
On the trails themselves, you should see the little Jeep sign, meaning it's open.
Jeep
With stuff

4Points

Trail Regulations
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »
I know about the signs and the map but what about the trails that have no designation at all.  Also I guess I better ask which is the most technical tail left in this area.  I am going out this weekend and I am  going to be camped near the very north end of the ghost FLUZ

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Trail Regulations
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:55:13 PM »
4 trails are open.....err....i mean 2wd roads.
It sucks, the process sucked, the trails left suck even more.

There a ton of unmarked trails because angry users have torn down most of the signage (this may be rumor but certainly probable).

Waiporous sucks unless you quad.

So to sum it up....Enjoy your weekend and the 4 trails you will complete in one day. Do them at night it may be more fun! :roll:

Yes, i am a tad bitter. :evil:

TK 8)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Trail Regulations
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »
You are better off just avoiding the ghost on the long weekend.

In all honesty
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
Re: Trail Regulations
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 08:33:06 AM »
Quote from: "4Points"
I know this is a touchy subject but does anyone know if the existing trails in the Ghost FLUZ that are not shown on the trail map are off limits or what.   Because there are alot of trails that aren't and I don't want to get fined for being off the map.

Yes they are off limits. If the trail is not marked as being open on the map then it is closed. I know some of the signage is down. But if you are on 4x4 trail that is on the map, I am sure you will be ok. I don't think the a conservation officer is going to give you a ticket because some idiot tore down the sign, especially if you have a copy of the latest map showing you are on a correctly designated trail.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

4Points

Trail Regulations
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 09:54:41 AM »
Yeah I talked to the Ranger this morning and he confirmed everything.  lt SUCKS really bad but I can see their point.  We took our camper out last night only find garbage strewn about and other wonderful things people left behind.  I have been  going out to this area for about 5 years and I was appalled at the mess.  Some people just don't care.