Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Show-n-Shine -- Rides-n-Rods 2007  (Read 2024 times)

NaeKid

Show-n-Shine -- Rides-n-Rods 2007
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:09:38 AM »
I recieved this in my email.  I think it would be a good way for us to band together with other auto-enthusiasts.

We would like to invite your club to participate in Rides 'n' Rods '07 on July 29th. Rides 'n' Rods is a show and shine of classic cars, muscle cars, hot rods, vintage and performance motorcycles, trucks and 4x4's. This year it will be much larger and feature all types of cars, trucks and motorcycles stretching down Edmonton Tr. from 41 Ave to 38 Ave NE and around the back on  3A St. The entire event will cover a six-block area and is sponsored by 20 businesses on the strip.

All proceeds of the event go to the Calgary HandiBus Association. The association is non-profit and provides service to disabled people from pre-school children to elderly citizens for transportation to the hospital, medical appointments and other destinations. Calgary HandiBus Association is responsible for raising funds to buy new buses.  Each bus costs about $80,000 and lasts 10 years.

Registration is $20 per vehicle. Your registration fee goes directly to support Calgary HandiBus. In return you get a goodie bag from the sponsors that includes an event T-shirt, a Rides 'n' Rods '07 dash plaque, a lunch voucher, the latest issue of Performance Plus and many other items for a total value well over $20.

The event will include a wide variety of fun activities for all ages, awards for different categories, prize draws, dash plaques and a goodie bag for all participants. Should your club be interested in participating as a group, please let us know in advance (and how many vehicles will be showing) and we will reserve space for you. The event is also open to individual vehicles on a first-come-first served basis.

I am taking names of people who would like to show off their rigs.  Either PM me with your name and rig-specs (and if you will need tow-rig space) or post it up here that you will be there.  I would love to have all the off-roaders collectively show up.  I have talked with Dom (CJA Prez) about getting the RTI Ramp - just for the show-off sake.

Please let me know if you wish to cross-post this to other forums.  Thanks!

NaeKid

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 03:35:54 PM »
I just received another email from the group putting on the show - they are really interested in having us there.  They have dropped the price to $10 for each vehicle signing up.

There will be stuff for the kiddies to do - including one of those giant blow-up bouncy-things that kids seem to have fun in.

Please let me know if you would like to come along - maybe bring AURS and AB4WD information that we can share as a group to people who really don't know what we enjoy.

Thanks!

HIWYH8R

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 08:16:16 PM »
My work is one of those sponsors- North Hill Auto. Should be a good show. Unfortunately I will be on holidays then and won't be there :( To those  that go should be fun.