Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Waiparous - CJA mapping project - UPDATE2  (Read 18731 times)

FeatherFoot

Waiparous - CJA mapping project - UPDATE2
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 03:24:11 PM »
Well now that you exposed me on the dismantel theory, we may as well go all the way.

He thought he had gotten away with the perfect deception, but on Sunday he had a horrifying discovery in the carwash.  

The fenders of his black YJ..??

... one red...and one yellow...

Dow! ...Darn mud!

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »
Quote from: "Elsifer"
Best Bob (Featherfoot) quote ever!

Quote from: "featherfoot"
I'm also interested to hear what took Scott 4.5 hours to go down one hill!
They must have dismantled the Jeeps and carried them down.

Used without permission, from an email. :D :D :D
That quote had me laughing for quite some time!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Cheers
Chris

Well, I'll step up to the plate on that one. Me being a relative rookie, i found myself hugging the wrong side of a 3ft rut and wishing I had the rear locker. After seeing Scott's front end dissapear into a nasty dip, arse anchored via winch, and staring at his diff like his YJ was mooning me... well.. i got chicken. The going down wasn't so hard as the going up backward, that's where the time went. That plus a small shovel and a small hatchet = slow work.

You live you learn... needless to say, i learned a lot on saturday.

THank again to scott and ian.

Greg

PS. next time I think I will dismantle, might be faster.

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 10:57:47 PM »
Quote from: "FeatherFoot"
As I have mentioned in other posts, we are in a delicate position in regards to keeping our trail systems open.  These pictures from Saturday as you can appreciate, are areas that require maintenance and are typically the worst part of the trail.  We at CJA do not condone irrisponsible trail usage, and therefore will not condone "Mud and Ruts" pictures on our forums, as it implies that is what we are about.

So be forewarned, if posted, they will disappear.

Given all of our desires for future off-roading, I'm sure you will understand the significance of our position.

Bob, VP CJA

I disagree.  Sure, its been raining, there's lots of mud, ruts and mud holes.  We were out doing some work for our trails, yes it was muddy.  Thats the reality of what it was like.  Trying to hide the fact by not allowing pictures of mud and ruts is deceptive, are you not honest?  Can you stand up and face reality/truth?  I say let people post mud pictures, its part of what we do and its part of the environment.  Again, censorship of this nature is wrong.

Tom
near stock advocate

FeatherFoot

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 12:36:51 AM »
Where have you been the last 6 months Tom?
The SRD is threatning to close down some 90% of the trail systems!
There are a surprising number of back country users, several of whom probably use our forums, who are not aware of that.  

The issue is not censorship, it is about changing attitudes.

If we as a community don't clean up our act, there will be a lot of cheap hardware on the street.  It's not a cute high school debating topic any more.  It's serious.

If you feel compelled to express yourself with mud, go spin a few U-ies on the legislative grounds.
I'm sure your machine can do it.  Your choice.  Just be prepared to live with the consequences.

But don't drag the rest of us down with you.

Crazy Davey

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2005, 03:32:33 AM »
Quote from: "Asia"
Quote from: "FeatherFoot"
As I have mentioned in other posts, we are in a delicate position in regards to keeping our trail systems open.  These pictures from Saturday as you can appreciate, are areas that require maintenance and are typically the worst part of the trail.  We at CJA do not condone irrisponsible trail usage, and therefore will not condone "Mud and Ruts" pictures on our forums, as it implies that is what we are about.

So be forewarned, if posted, they will disappear.

Given all of our desires for future off-roading, I'm sure you will understand the significance of our position.

Bob, VP CJA

I disagree.  Sure, its been raining, there's lots of mud, ruts and mud holes.  We were out doing some work for our trails, yes it was muddy.  Thats the reality of what it was like.  Trying to hide the fact by not allowing pictures of mud and ruts is deceptive, are you not honest?  Can you stand up and face reality/truth?  I say let people post mud pictures, its part of what we do and its part of the environment.  Again, censorship of this nature is wrong.

Tom

Sorry Dave, I did some editing on personal references. (Bob)

I have tried talking with you about this before, obviously nothing sunk in.
You have kids, right Tom? Think about thier future. Would you like them to enjoy the same thing you do right now.

Wake up and quit thinking this is all about you. Look at the bigger picture. Can you see it?

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 07:44:48 AM »
WTF Davey, Tom has a right to his opinions. Not everyone has to think the same way as you.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Crazy Davey

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 08:31:53 AM »
Quote from: "TJ54"
WTF Davey, Tom has a right to his opinions. Not everyone has to think the same way as you.

Ya, not everyone has to agree with me. But we had better start getting on the right page about what is about to happen. I have talked with Tom about this before and his additude sucks.

I am not about to stand by and watch some people and thier shi**y additudes screw this up for the rest of us.

Suck it up Tom, dont post your pics for a while, what can it hurt? Why cant people understand this?

:evil:

Here is my phone number if you dont like what I have to say, 605-9116

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 09:34:11 AM »
OK guys, I know this isnt the best medium for this, but here goes.

The CJA exec has not solidified their position on pics in the forum.
The technical ramifications are either: Pics, or no pics *AT ALL*.
The gallery is also on hold.

Now, coming down to "What constitues a mud pic?"
Mud is inevitable, rain falls, makes dirt wet, creates mud, creates washout rutting, creates fun obstacles, creates mud!

Therefore, rather than saying "lets use discretion when posting pics" is not working. One persons mud fun, is another persons mud uproar.
I am sure we can appreciate a cool pic, of a jeep flexed out, tacking a washout rut.
To the uninitiated and uninformed, it looks like destruction!

So here at the CJA, because we are a family friendly site (unlike some others); we do get visitors from all over the world. We (as a whole group) have to come together to combat the negative perceptions out there.

I post my pics someplace else. I have provided a link, all you have to do is look for it. Its quite obvious where it is.
If you have pics, put them someplace else. And you can then pm around the link, or put it your profile.

Also, come on people, there is no need for personal attacks and name calling here.
Lets maintain some integrity and professionalism.
Thread locked.
VA6CPL
Jeepless....