Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Labour Day weekend day trip... SUNDAY  (Read 2822 times)

xBADTRIPx

Labour Day weekend day trip... SUNDAY
« on: August 28, 2007, 03:46:05 PM »
myself and a co-worker are planning an easy day trip tp Waiporous or Maclean Creek this weekend and i was wondering if anyone else had plans to go wheelin'.where and when is up in the air still, i'd like to go out early morning, but sat, sun or mon is fine with me and i'm happy going to either area. i'm wheelin' on 33's and my co-worker is running 31's so we don't plan anything to difficult.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:29:53 PM »
I'll be In maclean, was planing on just camping, but a stocker trail might be fun.
Jeep
With stuff

TOYZ

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:59:26 PM »
I expect I will be there as well

04_RME

wheelin
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »
I might be in for a run on sat. or sun. let  me know were you guys are going and what time   :)

Offline Rubicon Josh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »
Well since moving out to Brooks I haven't made a trip out to McLean so a trip is long past due! It turrns out that Brooks has a healthy population of Jeep enthusiasts so I am organising a trip with as many of the guys that I can get to come and make the 2 hour drive. As well I'm trying to drag my parents out in their virgin '06 Unlimited. It looks like we will be out at the store by about 9:00 - 10:00 'ish on sunday morning.
Seeing as it has been such a long time since I was out there, it would be great to see some of the guys that I have wheeled with in the past. As usual I will have my son riding shot gun with me. Hey Dom, Eugene... you guys should try and make it out on Sunday. Have lots of catching up to do and I have a few ideas I would like to pass by you Dom. Hope qwe get a good turn out.

Josh
First completed AEV Rubicon in Alberta and only the fourth in Canada!

Offline TaTtOo

• Budget Lift
    • http://www.lawrencemuller.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 07:51:01 PM »
I am up for a Sunday run..... I will have a rookie riding shot gun.  So is it Sunday @ 10am at the store? (McLean Creek)

EDIT:  If we could keep this a sorta small jeep run that would be great....the last open run I went on turned into a clusterfudge with the BIG chevs and we ended up towing them all off the trail. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers
Lawrence
www.lawrencemuller.com

Jeepless (for now)

Offline TaTtOo

• Budget Lift
    • http://www.lawrencemuller.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
So is this happening on Sunday?
www.lawrencemuller.com

Jeepless (for now)

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »
Ill be there Sunday  10am

I need to get out

Says 20 for sunday
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline Rubicon Josh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 07:51:30 AM »
Us guys from Brooks will be at the store by 10. There will be my self with my Rubicon on 33s, a YJ on 35s, and an Unlimited Rubicon on 33s. My parents may also come along with thier stock TJ Unlimited. I guess I'll see you guys when I get there.

Josh
First completed AEV Rubicon in Alberta and only the fourth in Canada!

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 09:05:15 AM »
Quote from: "Rubicon Josh"
Well since moving out to Brooks I haven't made a trip out to McLean so a trip is long past due! It turrns out that Brooks has a healthy population of Jeep enthusiasts so I am organising a trip with as many of the guys that I can get to come and make the 2 hour drive. As well I'm trying to drag my parents out in their virgin '06 Unlimited. It looks like we will be out at the store by about 9:00 - 10:00 'ish on sunday morning.
Seeing as it has been such a long time since I was out there, it would be great to see some of the guys that I have wheeled with in the past. As usual I will have my son riding shot gun with me. Hey Dom, Eugene... you guys should try and make it out on Sunday. Have lots of catching up to do and I have a few ideas I would like to pass by you Dom. Hope qwe get a good turn out.

Josh

That's cool your coming down from Brooks to see your olpals from Cowtown Josh. I'm very sorry I can make that one  :( . The good old XJ needed some serious love. I had two 2" cracks in my exaust manifold (I put in a Banks TorqueTube  8) ) and a screwed up bearing in my front end. My UCAs need new bushings aslo. I just have to make sure she's running good before I take her offroad.

Let me know if your coming to town sometime we'll go for a coffee or a cold beer. We can chat about your ideas...

You guys have fun and PLEASE BE SAFE!!!! It's a long week-end and sadly there is all kind stupid people out there that probably shouldn't be driving.

Cheers,
Dom

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:01 AM »
How'd it go?
I never made it out of my seeping bag anywhere near 10 AM all weekend.

Didn't see many Jeeps, seemed to be all quads/bikes this weekend....
Jeep
With stuff