Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Mclean Creek Trails  (Read 1461 times)

Offline LanceM

• Budget Lift
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/lancemacwilliam
Mclean Creek Trails
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:31:48 PM »
Just got a map of the park and did a search and found out that Sylvester trail & priddis trail are pretty easy but can't find much on the other trails out there, anyone want to rate some of the other trails?

thanks in advance
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine.

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
you got scotia plates?
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 04:07:38 AM »
Fisher East is a good challenging trail, not really any climbs or anything mostly mud and tricky spots. Lots of deep deep bogs, but there is also ways you can squeeze around and avoid them if you wish.

I think there's 2 different ways to run Fisher West..there's one spot where you turn left off the trail thats really messy..after failing i turned back and went straight. It was a wicked trail ride with lots of rutty climbs and decents, some mud and good variation...def one of my favorites at Mclean so far.

hope that helps a bit  :)
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline LanceM

• Budget Lift
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 08:50:05 AM »
Ya another maritimer, lived here for a couple years already but justed recently been able to head home and get the old girl.

Thanks dubbleJ's for the info, you think a stock TJ would be able to run Fisher East?

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »
Quote from: "LanceM"
Ya another maritimer, lived here for a couple years already but justed recently been able to head home and get the old girl.

Thanks dubbleJ's for the info, you think a stock TJ would be able to run Fisher East?

A stock TJ will get swallowed down there. I got 37s and i dont want to go down there..

your right by me is why i asked. Is that your white jeep also? My woman liked that jeep...
........___________
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »
No you wouldnt want to take a totally stock TJ too far down fisher east, but I have ran it in my XJ 3" lift on 31" muds and a 4Runner stock suspension with 32's... we used alot of those little trails that avoid the big bogs :)
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline LanceM

• Budget Lift
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33:37 PM »
Thanks guys, went out with a buddy today and had a blast. Meet a bunch of nice people which had to haul me out after only being there for like five minutes  :twisted:  Wish i knew the names of the trails we hit but it seems everyone we talked to didn't know the name of them ether :? But i can tell ya theres lots of deep mud out there, can we post pic's or is that frown upon?

sorry calltrex, not really sure of what white jeep you mean

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 10:20:38 AM »
Thanks guys, went out with a buddy today and had a blast. Meet a bunch of nice people which had to haul me out after only being there for like five minutes  :twisted:  Wish i knew the names of the trails we hit but it seems everyone we talked to didn't know the name of them ether :? But i can tell ya theres lots of deep mud out there, can we post pic's or is that frown upon?

sorry calltrex, not really sure of what white jeep you mean

Lance... I'm glad you enjoy the AB back country. You probably ran East Fisher trail. It's the muddiest trail in that area. It can be alot of fun if you like mud.  :twisted:  :D

Regarding the pics... the CJA members voted last year not to post trail pics on the public forum due to trail closures in AB. We voted to post all pics in our members section. Thank you very much for asking Lance  8)  

It would be great to meet you if you want to come to our October meeting (on the 17th). You can meet us and maybe join if you like what you see...

http://www.calgaryjeep.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7161&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Hope to see you on the 17th...

Cheers bud,
Dom

Offline LanceM

• Budget Lift
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »
Ya count me in for the 17th, will be nice to put some faces to the jeeps ya see around.

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
Mclean Creek Trails
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »
Ya count me in for the 17th, will be nice to put some faces to the jeeps ya see around.

Sent you pm
........___________
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J