Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Off roading in Puerto Vallarta  (Read 1376 times)

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Off roading in Puerto Vallarta
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:25:26 AM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that Puerto Vallarta has some great trails, lots to explore.
Due to the heavy rainy seasons, trails are ever changing, be prepared.

Since it's a quite common vacation spot for Calgarians, I thought I'd throw this out here...

I met with a local 4X4 club Prez, Victor.  He's a great guy, very hospitable, friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately, I missed my planned trail ride with the group, but did make it out to the club meeting.
A nissan, a toyota, a Ford, and the rest Jeeps!!
It was interesting to have an outdoor club meeting, In a grocery store parking lot, with beer. One guy's Jeep was broke, so he rode in on his quad. The group took turns testing it out in  an undevelloped lot next door.
We looked at the trail ride pics on Victors laptop setup on his tailgate, and they planned for the upcoming beach camping trip.... Miles and miles of un habited beach, perfect for exploring and camping. I was so very close to calling my boss and saying I can't make it back for another 2 weeks... LOL
But Jeeps are not Cheap, so I need a job...

Anyways... If any of you are planning a mexican getaway, let me know if you want to ride along on a trail ride. Authentic, local event, not some tour guide ripoff scheme...
If you can speak spanish that is a bonus!, but Victor was born in Vancouver, he's fluent in Engish and Spanish.
Jeep
With stuff

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 09:40:06 PM »
years ago my parents took mt brother and i to puerta vallarta. first, its a very safe city to visit. and you dont see americans everywhere. we did one of those tour packages. since i got to choose the one for that day it was a ride in the back of a unimog into the back country. it turned otu to be the best day trip we had. they took us through small towns and into the jungle... we ended up on a secluded beach with a bbq waiting for us. it was a blast. but be sure to have the proper giudes with you at all times. easy to get lost. joing up with a 4x4 club out there would be awesome:)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:41:43 PM »
any links for the club there that you met?

parents got a place there but i never go. maybe i will sometime
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!