Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: teh willys interior...  (Read 722 times)

gsxtacy

teh willys interior...
« on: November 24, 2007, 06:57:59 PM »
well, shoot... looks like i'm in over my head again...

Dash:

the dash is in decent enough shape... the gauges that were in it, were not... none of them worked properly, so i pulled them and made a nice paperweight out of them (i <3 it). i got some from an old scrambler @ jeepstuff and wired them up.  tomorrow i'm going to grind the x-member down so i can fit my switchpanel in (ignition cylinder hangs too low) and bolt that back up.  anyone got any ideas where i can find a small sheet of diamond plate to put over the hole in the dash? what should i use to cut the gauge holes? other than that, the interior is in real nice shape...

Steering wheel:

got a woodgrain, deep-groove, stainless etc... one from napa in cold lake... no problems, how do i pull the old one? :oops:

Seats:

Since my pickup has a gigantic toolbox under the seats, i figure i'll just grab those TJ seats from the spinalguy and bolt them in using grade 8's, since i've undoubtedly lost all the bolts and junk from the originals... i called around to upholstry places... for the drivers, the cheapest was 500 bux... no thanx. installing seatbelts is a no-brainer, i'll just put lap harnesses like i had in the CJ.

Moulding and Trim items:

well, since the fake leather pressboard on the doors is in rough shape, i was thinking of using just diamondplate as well... rivet to the door to give it a nice clean look...

Windows:

well, here's my biggest problem, and i've not a clue how to deal with it.
both roll up windows seem rather sticky (although i think the passenger side just needs some lubricant) the driver's side is in bad shape.  the catch at the bottom that holds the glass piece in place is in really bad shape... could i use just anything from any vehicle? or am i better off going without and just crimping the steel piece to the bottom of the glass?

well... there's my concerns, hope you get a kick out of my small problems!

<3 xtacy

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
teh willys interior...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:12:32 PM »
light diamond plate at canadian tire
hole saw(s) for gauges
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
teh willys interior...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »
There's some aluminum diamond plate laying around here , you are welcome to snip off a piece.

gsxtacy

teh willys interior...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 07:57:22 PM »
great, guys, i really appreciate the input... i think i'll go to crappy tire for the diamondplate... i'm going to need a pair of real big sections for the doors, gearhead, so if you got big sheets, i'd love that... of course, not without payment, if you get my drift xD

i still have my window dillemma, so, what should i do?

p.s. - i didn't know they made hole-saws in like 5 5/8" sizes, also, should the instruments be grounded? i looked at the off-road.com site and they said to only ground the oil pressure and voltmeter gauges, the others (fuel and temp) would take care of themselves... sounds kinda weird... i'm using gauges from an old cj5/7/8, and i've no clue how these work...

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
teh willys interior...
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
Quote from: "gsxtacy"
great, guys, i really appreciate the input... i think i'll go to crappy tire for the diamondplate... i'm going to need a pair of real big sections for the doors, gearhead, so if you got big sheets, i'd love that... of course, not without payment, if you get my drift xD

i still have my window dillemma, so, what should i do?

p.s. - i didn't know they made hole-saws in like 6" sizes

I don't have any large pieces ,   There are several places to find this , try Assorted metals  , it's down behind pat's driveline / the Gear center , down near the end of the street that runs behind there and parallel to Blackfoot trail , on the right , at the end of that street.

unionjack

teh willys interior...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »
metal supermarkets is where i get my diamond plate, good prices and cut to the size you want right up to 48inches

gsxtacy

teh willys interior...
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »
wicked, thanx... i'll go there on lunch tomorrow... next step... anyone got an engine lift? xD