Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Edge Performance Module/Chip ...location of the MAP Sensor ...WHERE??  (Read 980 times)

trailstump

I own a 2003 Jeep tj 4.0 Rubicon and I have an Edge Performance Module/chip for it.   I am able to hook up the Air Intake Sensor Connections but am unable to locate the MAP Sensor on the base of the engine blocks intake.   The throttle body has an MAP Sensor on it but the plug does not match ...where the heck does this thing plug into?   Help!!!

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
Re: Edge Performance Module/Chip ...location of the MAP Sensor ...WHERE??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »
The black 3 wire map connector should go on the base of the throttle body.  The grey 2 pin air temp connector (on my 02 sport) is about 3 inches from the map on the top of the intake.  It says in the manual that if it was built between dec 02 and Feb 03 you need the adapter cables for the air temp connector.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-114.pdf

Hope this helps.
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

trailstump

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:49:54 PM »
Well i'm going back to Mopac tomorrow to get the right Module.   The intake sensor plugs off the Edge module fit perfect ...however the MAP conector is oval and has a tab sticking off the one side ...so thus the oval plug from the Edge module just won't fit ... unless I sand down and remove the tab ...but then why would I need to do that??   

trailstump

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:55:23 PM »
However ...if I sand that tab down or remove it this shoud work ...no?

trailstump

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »
 ;)

trailstump

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
I`ll have to wait to talk to Edge Products out of the US ...I think what happened is that the MAP Sensor on the throttle body has a different plug than the Canadian model.   I`ll keep ya`ll posted!

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »
It's not unusual to see mid year / running changes to electrical connectors  ,  a day to day occurance with the vehicles I work on . Vehicles manufactured for differing markets / regions can add complexity to connector type / location too . Go back to Mopac  , a solution is available , it's not necessary to hack anything.

trailstump

Re: Got the new Edge module ...but engine light is now on!?!?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
So atlast I recived my new Module from Edge performance and it hooks up rather nicely ...only problem now is that my engine light is on!?!?!?   I can't say forsure if I notice any increase in power from just putting the module on ...however I did notice an increase from when I had put on the throttle body and cold air intake ...no doubt there!    Anyways, if the engine light does not go off then i'm returning this module ...pointless in having something that does not work properly!    :(  Keep you posted

trailstump

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:25:04 PM »
So the replacement module was shipped and I plugged it in ...and it works great!    However, I noticed more power from the aftermarket Edge throttle body and the cold air intake than I did with the Module ... I'll keep you posted and let you know if there is any MPG increase.

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »
Turn the key on-off-on-off-on and see what the engine code is.   http://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/codes/  If nothing else it should reset, then see if the check engine light comes back on.  I had an error code come up after I changed my battery, reset it and all is good.

As for mpg increase, I didn't notice much if any.  I think the throttle response is more snappy with the module; premium also makes mine run better.  If you find the engine knocks or you don't like the way it runs, one end of the module comes off to reveal a dip switch for taming down the program (I've never tried it but that's what Edge told me).
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.