Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Coming to Galgary and have a few questions :)  (Read 1149 times)

KC

Coming to Galgary and have a few questions :)
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
hey there! i new to this site so i thought i would introduce myself...i hope this is the right place :) anyway i am taking the jeep on a road trip to calgary, alberta from toronto, ontario and i am so excited! so i just have a few questions and as my departure date is nearing,
January 11th, i will most likely have more. So i hope you can help me out. First question so far are fender flares...i have a '91 YJ with a 4inch suspension lift a 1"body lift and some shackles and 33x12.5" tires. Now i am wandering, i am running the stock fender flares and they dont cover the whole tire obviously....will i have problems there/driving there? i am driving through the states. thanks

:)

Dragonmaster

Re: Coming to Galgary and have a few questions :)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:43:22 PM »
Oly if you are caught doing something stupid or spewing mud all over a highway or city street.  Otherwise it's fine.

KC

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
awesome thank you!

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »
Oly if you are caught doing something stupid or spewing mud all over a highway or city street.  Otherwise it's fine.

Most of the time as long as you are not driving like an idiot, the police will be willing to over look things, but don't count on it.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Coming to Calgary and have a few questions :)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »
... a road trip to Calgary, Alberta from Toronto, Ontario ...i have a '91 YJ with a 4inch suspension lift a 1"body lift and some shackles and 33x12.5" tires.

You're Crazy   ;D
Jeep
With stuff

KC

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:22:36 PM »
hey there! ok so i got here and its awesome! i arrived yesturday and boy was the trip worth it. i've seen a few jeeps around.....i am living in the SE area. (still have to get used to the city) but i did notice on my trip to get my exhaust fixed at speedy muffler there was a black cherokee with 32's or 33's with a winch and custom bumper...looked good was wondering if it might be anyone here? anyway looking forward to maybe wheeling with you guys at some point and taking in calgary!

KC

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:24:20 PM »
also i am in need of new 4" lift leaf springs for the rear of my jeep....any place around with good pricing?

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
hey
How long are you in town for.
that trip is amazing I moved from Kingston last year and the trip out was the best. I think everyone should do it at lest once in their life.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

KC

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 08:31:19 PM »
well there are no set plans to move back so im here for a while! but could anyone point me in the right direction for my leafs?

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »
also i am in need of new 4" lift leaf springs for the rear of my jeep....any place around with good pricing?

National 4wd - 214-2145
Modern Motors - 253-0664
Northshore Offroad (vancouver), http://www.nsor.com/
'95 YJ with a few mods