Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Where to order a lift?  (Read 2644 times)

born2jeep

Where to order a lift?
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:14:43 PM »
A buddy of mine is wanting to put 31"s on his cherokee, and is looking for a lift. I recommended a RE lift because I have had good luck with them, and have read many good reviews from others as well. We came up with this: http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/rubicon-express-superflex-re6030-free-shocks-p-34.html

Now they wont ship to Canada, but if they did I would think it would be fair to say $200 shipping. So $780+$200=$980(us dollars). This is about $350-$400 cheaper than what we can get locally. Its nice to help local shops out, but thats a fair bit of money for a young guy.

So my question is, have any of you had your lifts shipped in from an online order. If so whom do you recommend?

Thanks,
Sam ;D

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: Where to order a lift?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 07:33:15 PM »
local is your best bet.  national has your the RE superflex for 922, (thats with rear springs) and the one with addaleafs for 624...(www.national4wd.com) now if you do add a leafs in the rear, you can get shocks from national or modern motors as well and you come in under 900$.  plus, when you do group orders like that, you are not really talking to anyone and your all alone if something is wrong.  if you order your stuff through national you are usually taken care of.  i ordered my lift through them and it was pretty much the same price.  after ordering some stuff through rustysoffroad in alabama, the shipping really kills ya and you don't save much.

i'd suggest going down to national and talking to them.  i've dealt with both Chase and Brian and they'll get my business when i do lockers and tires in the summer.  i think its worth it to go in and see what theycan do for ya......  saving 100$ might not be worth the hassle....
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Fredduck

• That CB Yapper
  • RIDE ON
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
Call north shore offroad, look it up on the web. way cheaper than local. ask for dave.
or ebay that will ship to Canada
3.9 CTD - 7000R4  NP241c SSYE, Dana 44.  9 inch, 4.10's  and 37's

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »
I was at modern looking for the same kit and thay qouted me $866 and thay had it on the shelf.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

born2jeep

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »
I was at modern looking for the same kit and thay qouted me $866 and thay had it on the shelf.

Without shocks. They charge about $100 per shock for a RE 4" lift shock. I could spend $60 each for rancho 5000's, but I bought those about 2 years ago, and I will never waste money on them again!

So Im looking at over $1300 with tax.

Sam

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »
well personally, i went with different shocks than the rubicons, but thats all personal preference.  the kit looks like a good deal, and you will probably save some $$$. just sounds like you are sold on that particular lift.  if your buddy absolutely needs the rear lift springs instead of the add-a-leafs then i would say order it!  if he is cool with just the add-a-leafs, then he could do the lift and shocks here for a similar price.  i'm kind of partial to doing the local thing, just cause when my buddy ordered something from the US, we ended up buying more parts at modern anyways....  forgot bushings for the leaf springs, and instead of waiting another three weeks for the replacements, just bought em. would suck to sit with 'most' of your lift waiting to go on....
on a side note, if you do order it, i'm curious how much it would cost with exchange, taxes etc.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

born2jeep

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 05:35:14 PM »
I called north shore off-road today, and they can have it to my door with shocks for under $950.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Sam

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 06:39:31 PM »
I got my 3" procomp for about 850ish shipped through Southcariboo offroad.Full leaf packs, shocks, LCA's etc.
 They were pretty good although they sent the wrong U-bolts and a couple other things and didnt reply for quite a while when I PM'ed them to get the issue worked out. Had to raise a fuss on public forum to get a reply. Ended up buyin the right Ubolts locally now Im stuck with the wrong ones.  >:(
They are based out of 100 mile house BC.

GL
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »
local is your best bet.  national has your the RE superflex for 922, (thats with rear springs) and the one with addaleafs for 624...(www.national4wd.com) now if you do add a leafs in the rear, you can get shocks from national or modern motors as well and you come in under 900$.  plus, when you do group orders like that, you are not really talking to anyone and your all alone if something is wrong.  if you order your stuff through national you are usually taken care of.  i ordered my lift through them and it was pretty much the same price.  after ordering some stuff through rustysoffroad in alabama, the shipping really kills ya and you don't save much.

i'd suggest going down to national and talking to them.  i've dealt with both Chase and Brian and they'll get my business when i do lockers and tires in the summer.  i think its worth it to go in and see what theycan do for ya......  saving 100$ might not be worth the hassle....

If National does'nt have it on the shelf it will likely take 2-3 months to get it ::).  This has been my experience :o.  Don't get me wrong....nice folks but they have a BIG problem with their shipping :(.

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »
If National does'nt have it on the shelf it will likely take 2-3 months to get it ::).  This has been my experience :o.  Don't get me wrong....nice folks but they have a BIG problem with their shipping :(.

Rob...you are far too nice.

Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »
Tell him to go this route...a little more money...but well worth it. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, or he will end up spending more in the long run.

Smurf

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=0&plID=417&partID=15453

Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

Offline murdajeep

• Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »
If national or Modern don't have it in stock then i go with NSOR.
They are awesome  I ordered rims on a fri afternoon and got them monday
morning!!!  they carry a huge inventory and their price is always lower than
local you just have to pay shipping.  They quoted me $50 for them to ship
the RE 4.5" for my YJ.  Through DHL.  That is an awesome price.   Plus no
C.O.D.  .  When I order from the states it might not be the shipping that
puts a dent in your wallet.  When ups gets you you door they will want a C.O.D.
charge.  Last time I got an $200 order from quadratec is cost me $50 at the door
to ups just so I could get my stuff even though i paid for my stuff as well as the shipping.
I hate shopping in the US but they do have a greater inventory of parts.  Just watch for that
C.O.D.  i also found with my experience that as the dollar went up the C.O.D  went up.
When the Can dollar was at $.66 i used to pay like 10 bucks at the door for a $200 order but not anymore.

Those are my 2 cents good luck on your purchase
Murdajeep

91 YJ 4.0L 3.0" Suspension Lift  1.25" Body Lift with Mickey Thompsons MTZ 33's and a champion winch, Ford 8.8, 4.10 Gears

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
JUST GIVE ME A PRICE AND I WILL BEAT IT, LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, GIVE ME A PRICE AND I WILL BEAT IT!!!!!
YJ=Y’all Jealous