Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Need a tranny shop  (Read 1971 times)

StblJmpr

Need a tranny shop
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:56:45 PM »
Can anyone suggest a reputable tranny shop?  My Grand Am blew the synchro on the weekend and I need to get it mobile.  Don't care where in the city.  Looking for quality work at a decent price.

Becker

Need a tranny shop
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 07:34:54 PM »
A couple years ago I had my tranny rebuilt in my chev pick up.  

I called around and Astro Transmission seemed to have the best price and service at the time.  They are located just east off Blackfoot down past National 4WD.  

I can't remember what I paid off hand, but the service was good and they perform a complete check on the tranny before they start the work and give you a firm price on what it would cost so there weren't any sudden surprises when you went to pick up your vehicle.

I think they offered a 3 month or 10000K warranty as well.

Hope this helps.

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
Need a tranny shop
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 04:44:40 AM »
I had the AX5 out of my YJ replaced a few years ago at the National or AAMCO shop on 14th street. A couple blocks north of Kensington Road. The shop on the west side with the blue and white sign.

The owner is a golf buddy of my dads. Just tell Ed that Chris Lobkowicz sent you, and you should be more than taken care of.

Great shop, good service, good work. Its an apprenticeship place, and the apprentices do most of the work, but Ed is a stickler for details, and he pretty much checks over everything that they do. I never had a problem with the used + rebuilt tranny that they put in. A week later a u-joint went on the rear driveshaft and I beleive that they replaced it for free, since they explained that the had the rear ds off, and didn't notice it.

I hope that helps!

Cheers
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

henry

Trans
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:38:39 AM »
I would also recommend Jim @ Dominion Transmission (east of Johnny Rockets off MacLeod Trail).  We  do a ton of work with him through my work and never have any problems.  Just another option.

Darren 8)

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Need a tranny shop
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 12:08:49 PM »
yup second vote for dominion hey darren did u know gary at dominion? :)
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

henry

Need a tranny shop
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 12:14:26 PM »
I don't know who Gary is usually deal with Jim, but I'm sure I have ran into him @ Dominion.

Darren