Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: That's it, I quit!  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
That's it, I quit!
« on: August 16, 2005, 04:16:59 AM »
Smoking that is, from this day forward, I will not have a cigarette. EVER!

A cigar every now and then I feel is ok. Not everyday. Not everyhour. Maybe once a week, depending on the social situation.

I ask for your help though, if we are out wheeling, camping, drinking, whatever; and I ask you for a smoke, you have my permission to punch me in the shoulder and say "No freaking way".

Thanks!
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

blackrube

That's it, I quit!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 10:34:48 AM »
good luck chris,,,didnt even know you smoked,,,hope you have better luck than i do ,i seem to quit on a dayly basis

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
That's it, I quit!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 11:42:51 AM »
Attaboy there Chrisifer :!:  :!:   BTW who did the editing for the opening page for this website?  Is'nt 'JEEP' considered "property" of Chrysler rather than "properly" :?:  :P

Good luck with bein' a 'QUITTER' :!:  :!:

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
That's it, I quit!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:12:13 PM »
nobody likes a quitter.

just kidding!

I will be dusting off the knuckle dusters for the next trail ride. <eagerly looking forward to this> :twisted:

you aren't alone there dude. I'm joining the club here pretty quick.

Good Luck!!

CJ-7

That's it, I quit!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 02:25:01 PM »
You can do it ....give us all faith that it can be done!!

Offline spyder

• UberWheeler
That's it, I quit!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 07:34:08 PM »
Hey Chris good to hear your wanting to quit. Its not easy just remember that, but as long as you can make it one craving @ a time you should be fine. I quit smoking 6 years ago, cigars are a good @ taking the edge off (I love backwoods) just dont replace them for smokes their worse. Best of luck. :D  :D  :D  :D
Denise

henry

smokes
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 08:54:43 PM »
Just think Chris, the money you save on Lung Rockets you can spend on new pants!!  I quit 4 years ago, and twenty pounds ago.  I'm just starting to get the extra fat off me now.  Its worth it though.  Good job.

Darren :twisted:

Hirosimez

That's it, I quit!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 07:09:56 AM »
Being a non-smoker all my life I have a few friends that tried to quit. From my observations, it should be done:
a) on vacation
b) out of town, in a wonderful natural surroundings, when the very idea of spoiling fine air with a stinky cloud is a pain.
c) important this - no diffucult projects at work with long and hot discussions!
d) when you start calculting how much money you save per year, it does calm your nicotine hunger! :lol:  :lol:

Anyway,
wish you luck.

Roman

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
That's it, I quit!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 06:53:10 PM »
Well, seems like that died quickly, I'm on cigarillos right now, at some point I kick the whole habit, just not right now...
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
That's it, I quit!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 01:00:40 PM »
well chris... i'm back from vacation and I'm on day 8 of being smoke free. I've never tried the patch but it seems to be working pretty good. They really seem to help.  Co-op sells em for $10 cheaper than london drugs. Give 'em a go if you think it could help you.

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
That's it, I quit!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 02:35:46 PM »
I've known several people who have had sucess with a Zyban prescription. Some even had it covered under their medical insurance.

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/zyban/zyban.htm