Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: tranny trigger  (Read 669 times)

Offline cdnhonda

• Baby Wheeler
tranny trigger
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:41 AM »
i have an 89 xj 4.0l  what is the trigger for thats is on the tranny to the crank is it for ignition or is it for injector pulse or something else thanks for the input

i am wanting to take the injection off my jeep and run a carb set up any one know what i all need to change to get it to run good other then the intake and fuel regulator
life without mud is no life at all

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: tranny trigger
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:11:58 AM »
You'll never make a carb run as good as the FI does..... Why do you want to ditch the FI?

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline cdnhonda

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:17:16 AM »
because my return line blew off gas caught fire and burnt all the wires and vac lines lol and because i have a cool twin holley 2bbl intake  so basically for the coolness factor

streetvan1

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure you're talking about the crankshaft position sensor. I'm fairly certain that you won't have spark without that, unless you swap out your distributor and module for an older style, which wouldn't be a bad idea if all your wiring is melted, and you want to eliminate the EFI. That's a pretty big job. If it were up to me, I'd find a wire harness and a fuel line at pick n pull or jeep stuff or wherever you like to get your stuff, and put it back to stock, but then I'm a huge EFI fan. Either that, or find a carbureted jeep, and pull ALOT of parts off of it. There's going to be alot of annoying things that will come up in this job. Best of luck!

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »
I had a fire under the hood of my old 88xj. after i was done crying :'( we went pnp got every thing i need vac lines, all wiring, sensors and what ever else i needed. less than 100 bux. it never ran better after that.
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline cdnhonda

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »
ok thanks i think that might have to be the way i go swapping the wire and lines. Cant find out anything on the carb swap just thought it would be a sweet swap to have in the jeep lol