Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1577 times)

T.A.Inskeep

Hello
« on: June 01, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »
Hello from the Dallas Texas area. 

Ran across a member of this club/forum on line earlier and thought I'd check this one out.  After all it can't hurt to join another Jeep related site!

I can also be found at Lone Star Jeep Club in North Texas.  www.lonestarjeepclub.org  Check the site out if anyone is curious.

Am currently running and constantly modifying a 2005 LJ Rubicon.  One of those projects that will never be done.

Tom.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 03:14:27 PM by T.A.Inskeep »

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:56:54 PM »
hi welcome to Canada.  will check out your site, see what goes on where soft tops are more than a 3 month treat.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

T.A.Inskeep

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!!

Heck the soft top thing is almost opposite of what I imagine for your part of the world.  I keep the soft top on through the winter months.  Too many nice days to open it up.  Spring and fall I run a Safari or Bikini top only.  When Summer hits full force, I might do again as last year and drop the hard top back in place.  Just gets too blasted hot and the air conditioner sure can be an asset.

The Lone Star club site has been down most of the day.  Something to do with the server.  Try again in a day or so and I hope it will be back.  I've seen it happen before. 

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 11:21:13 PM »
heh too hot.. never seen that up here.  but I do have a bikini top for summer.  there was one time last year i wished i had A/C but nothing horrible.

where we are can use a soft top all year and only die a few weeks out of the winter... most often it's not overly cold.  but when it is, it's painful.

the real trouble up here is weather can change many times over a day.  sun, rain, sun, hail, rain then lunch.  first time i ever took my top down I went for a 2 hour drive.  on the way back it was snowing on me.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

T.A.Inskeep

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »
Sure can relate to the quick changing weather.  Lord knows North Texas gets enough of that.

The Lone Star Jeep Club site is up and running now.  Made a comment there about this site.  Who knows what kind of interaction this may start.......

www.lonestarjeepclub.org

Giffer

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 02:04:16 AM »
yeah when it was like plus 30 i took the roof and everything of, then for the next 2 weeks it snowed. the last day of that i brke and put the roof back on..... its been sunny and beautiful since!

T.A.Inskeep

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:07:34 AM »
Honestly I do envy all of you that can call Calgary home.  I've been there twice.  Very nice city and country.  Wouldn't take much to get me to stay.  Just gotta get around the Canadian/US Citizen part.

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »
Welcome to the site. 

Our weather here can be a challenge, but it gives us a great opportunity to wheel in some really diverse conditions. It was only a few months a go that several of us were wheeling with tire chains on and pussing snow with the front bumpers.  Now we are playing on the rocks running with the tops down and trying to remember how deep the next mud hole is.

Blair
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

T.A.Inskeep

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »
I imagine I am one of a very few in these parts with a set of tire chains cut to fit my Rubi.  Had an extra set of four for my 18 wheeler.  Just seemed like the right thing to do in cutting them down a bit for the Jeep.  Of course I really don't need'm but with the places I end up going with short notice, it only seems right to have a set ready.

I've had to chain up my truck(s) all too much with all the winter running I do in the NW US States.  Never fails, I will spend the winter months in the NW US then the summer months in the south.  Kinda opposite what it should be.  Currently in Denver.  Waiting on a load to come together.  (Wireless internet via cell systems in the truck)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
Welcome to the site TA...

We had a nice fella from TN (Knoxville area)  that came for a visit about a year ago. We took him and his wife on a trail ride. You see wonderful part of the country side that's off the beaten path when you're in a Jeep.

If you treck up here with your rig let us know ... we'll show you around.

Cheers

T.A.Inskeep

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »
That would be a great idea!  Meeting up with some of you.  Seeing some of the country I've not seen from 18 wheels. 

Been wanting to make a trip like this but darned gas prices are putting a damper on the idea.  Business being a bit slow, so my income is down a bit ain't helping matters either. 

It all will turn around.  Or stabilize anyway.  I will run this idea by a few friends in the Texas Club.  Maybe a few of us  can pull off a trip like this sometime soon.