4x4 Related Groups > General Talk

Comanche Owners?

(1/3) > >>

EVOLUTION:
I just added an 87 MJ to my collection yesterday!   :D 4WD, auto, 4.0L, I6, reg cab, long box.  

Has anyone ever towed with it?  According to the info I found, I can tow up to 5000 lbs.  Wondering how it would hold up for flat-towing my TJ.

How do you like yours?

cLAY:
That's 5000# assuming you have some sort of brakes on TJ. I've flat towed my XJ with my 3/4ton Dodge diesel 4X4. Its ok when the camper is on but I don't like to do it when the box is empty. Too squirrly and can push thru corners, especially if its raining. I wouldn't recommend it with an MJ. If you do be sure to get some braking on the TJ(Tow Dolly or brake buddy system). Also if it doesn't already have them, upgrade to the larger rear brakes.

But I don't recommend it.

henry:
I agree, I wouldn't flat tow your TJ with a Comanche (by the way, nice purchase!!) even though it would look cool.  Comanche's are too light and sketchy as it is, I wouldn't tow more than a small tent trailer even if you do have the power, but not stability or proper brakes for anything bigger.

My two cents.
Darren :twisted:

BlackYJ:
My dad towed his YJ back from Invermere with his Cherokee; it made it but he definitely would not do it again

EVOLUTION:
hmmm very good to know, thanks guys!  I've never flat towed anything and I've heard it's pretty sketchy as it is... let alone with something that is already light & may not handle it.  Thanks for the input!!

How do you guys like your MJ's?  

Darren:  I knew you'd like the purchase hehe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version