Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Chili Run - March 30th - Confirmed  (Read 5803 times)

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
Re: Chili Run - March 30th - Confirmed
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2019, 10:23:39 PM »
OK now for the serious stuff.

We will be meeting in Cochrane at the A&W for 8:30 please arrive gassed up and ready to roll out for 9AM.

A couple of things to know if this is your first run with us.  Safety above all else.

In order to insure that everyone is capable of enjoying their day to the fullest there are some things to address.

Your Jeep must have,

- Front and rear recovery points
- at minimum you need All Terrain, or Snow Tires  (not all seasons)

Also members of the Club will do an inspection of your rig to insure that there is nothing glaring that would prevent you from enjoying your day (bald tires, broken suspension parts, lack of adequate recovery points)  if we deem your rig to not be trail worthy unfortunately we will have to ask you to refrain from joining us.  This is both for your safety and enjoyment as well as the safety and enjoyment of others.

If you are a non member of Calgary Jeep Association ("CJA") you will be asked to sign a Waiver.  The reason is simple, offroading is not without risks......regardless of the risk level of the trail and this one is an easy to moderate trail (depending on the snow/ice conditions) there is always the chance of breakage.  If this isnt acceptable to you feel free to decline joining us, no harm no foul.

Some things to think about,

- We are going into the foothills...there will be snow, ice, mud, horseshit  (plenty of bullshit) so bring and or wear intelligent footwear. 
- bring gloves and a coat it may be warm in your rig but we often get out and in often, also in the event we need to assist someone with a hill climb or get them unstuck its all hands on deck and help each other....that's how we do things.
- be prepared to be out there for the day, trail conditions, mechanical issues etc happen we could be out there later than anticipated
- normally I would say bring some food (granola bars or protein bars whatever)but i think we will be good on the food front.
- be respectful to each other, this will be a great day of camaraderie, food, wheeling and general tomfoolery
- listen to the members about driving the trails, there is literally 100 plus years of wheeling experience on this run (most of that is Ron) and the guys all want you to enjoy the day
- if you are uncomfortable doing a portion of the run (unlikely as this is a pretty straight forward run) then say so, any one of us will happily spot/guide/talk you through it.
 - no booze or weed on the trail..........this is non negotiable

Ok the logistics

We will roll out of Cochrane and head out to Waiperous as a group, we will be stopping at the info post just after the first cattle gate on Waiperous road and seperating into two groups.  The primary group will be the rigs carrying the food, stoves, tables etc.  I will be in this group and I will have my favorite trail leader with me.  Kev thats you, I like nothing better than staring at the arse of the Warthog all day.  We will head out from the info post and stop at the trail head to air down and then head out to the lake to set up in anticipation of all your arrivals.

The second group will roll out behind us and likely air down in the same spot, I would ask Rob if he is cool leading this group.

I think that should about cover it.  If I have missed anything there are wiser people on here that will chime in, hell there are even a couple of dumber ones that will likely chime in.

With a little forethought and some respect and consideration this will be a great day.......weather looks good and my chili is fabulous (biased opinion of course).

Oh, one last thing.  If you aren't on the list above then we aren't expecting you and didn't plan on feeding you.  So if there are folks thinking of joining then say so.....otherwise bring a pb and j sammich.

Looking forward to a great day.

Fox

2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2019, 11:03:38 PM »
We still use waivers? Anyone have any?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Rubi55

• Winch Wench
  • Ryan
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »
Wasn't on the list above.  Checking to see if we can still join?
'11 JKU Rubicon

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »
Yeah he gave you the all clear in this post (http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=32070.msg194695#msg194695) 16 isn't too much and we're splitting into 2.  no more though!

Quote from: SilverFox
I would ask Rob if he is cool leading this group
Yep for sure.
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline Rubi55

• Winch Wench
  • Ryan
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2019, 10:07:56 AM »
Thanks Slanktapper.

Sounds like it's going to be a great day.  I may have a table I could bring if we need 1 more
'11 JKU Rubicon

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »
We still use waivers? Anyone have any?
There were some in the "Business Box" that I gave to Vince after my 10 year stint as the business guy.  We should probably  discuss this on the private side.

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2019, 12:33:18 PM »

Yup your good.

Happy to have you aboard

2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2019, 10:48:05 AM »
Looks like I may go if you guys do not mind another JK. Mark should be joining me as a passenger.
Keep on Jeepin'

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2019, 10:55:45 AM »
Looks like I may go if you guys do not mind another JK. Mark should be joining me as a passenger.

Sure what the hell

Anyone know if there is an aircraft carrier on Margaret that we can park on?

2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2019, 11:13:50 AM »
OK This Run is Officially Full.  If everyone shows that's 17 Rigs and 35 people.   We only have 3 people on the list bringing chili.  I made about 16 litres  so depending on the others we might be needing some supplemental food, please plan accordingly

Here is what I have below........please correct if something isn't right

2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »
Chilli dogs!!!

Haha, not sure if we will need them.  I’ve got about 2 gallons of chilli here, maybe enough for 15 people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »
Looks like we are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2019, 12:50:26 PM »
whoever is behind Vince after the Margaret stop is in trouble....

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2019, 03:21:21 PM »
1 what in the actual frack
2 Milan will cancel
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline Kulana

• Stocker
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2019, 04:50:37 PM »
I'm just starting my chilli now. Should have about 8 quarts.