Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 00' Grand tranny question  (Read 1065 times)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
00' Grand tranny question
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »
jeeps my 00' limited with the 4.7L.... today going to work my tranny didn't go into overdrive at all (all highway driving) and it really fumed me off.  pulled the codes. got a p0700.  this read "transmission system malfunction' and thats it. nothing else. so i have no clue why it did this.  when i drove it home later in the day, all was normal. tranny went into OD just like it has 1000 times before........ so, what should i be looking for?  tranny fluid is topped up and nice and pinkish red, not burnt.....

ideas?

John
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
Re: 00' Grand tranny question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
My wife and I have a 99 grand.  When cold it would shift late and hard, shifted late going into overdrive but it'd always eventually go especially when it warmed up, never got any error codes though.  The fluid looked fine but I had it in for a full wizz bang tranny flush/ oil re-conditioning jobs.  It shifts really nice now.
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: 00' Grand tranny question
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:04:53 PM »
ya i left it in the garage yesterday and it was fine today on the way to work.  the only problem is it wasn't that cold on thursday, so i've no clue why it did it.  the only thing i can think of is i didn't let it idle before i took off.  usually i let it idle (while i play with climate controls and stuff)  and that day it didn't work i just turned the key and went........ i don't know if that would be the cause.....  but ya, trouble code p0700 says tran control system failure.  wtf?  i mean its runnin fine but its throwing codes
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build