Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Damage from long weekend.  (Read 1241 times)

yjpaul

Damage from long weekend.
« on: October 10, 2005, 11:08:01 PM »
Well, went out to mclean sunday and monday.  Sunday was fine, just a ripped off fender flare.  Monday wasnt as smooth.  Broke rear driveshaft ujoint on rear diff yoke, and drove home in front wheel drive.  Coated the clutch in crap i guess, because it kept slipping while in gear on the way home.  Get home, and see ALOT of crap dripping from the rear of my truck.  I thought maybe just some water and junk that stuck and is now dripping off.  Come back 2 hours later and see that the puddle has not dried up, and has infact become a giant puddle.  I go up to it, lay my hand in it and smell.  T'was Gasoline.  Im in the process of lowering my tank and finding the damage i did to it.  Surprised though because i dont really remember any hard slams, and it doesnt look to beat up.  This blows.

~Paul

born2jeep

Damage from long weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 08:17:21 AM »
People say that skids and tow points should be the first mods for good reasons. :wink:

Start sawin' at an arm and a leg, and you might be able to aford my old one from jeep stuff. :roll:

Hey atleast you made it home alright...when we saw you on the ride in, I was thinking "i bet im gonna get a phone call in a few hours"  :lol:

Good luck buddy!