Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: RANT!!! can I do anything about it?  (Read 2637 times)

born2jeep

RANT!!! can I do anything about it?
« on: October 30, 2005, 05:47:35 PM »
Well this is defenitly not the first time I have had/seen this happen, and its REALLY starting to squirt me off! :x

So Friday night I decided to get away from the stresses of the city, and go tent it out in mclean for the weekend. Usually I travel a fair ways in to my usual spot (unless your drivin' it like it's stolen, you would want a 4x4) where not nearly as many people camp opposed to near the east staging area....but this time being that it was about 2:30am when I got there, I just wanted to set up camp. So I went to a spot that I almost always see people staying at just around .75k off the gravel road. So I get up the hill and shine my lights on the camp site, and there was smashed beer bottles, cans, jiffy pop things, garbage, ect...EVERYWEAR...I picked up almost a full bag. It really got on my nerves. Not just the fact that they left it there, but there was so much broken glass i spent about 30 min picking up the shards. There was bottles 80 ft from the site, up in the trees.

Now people who do this ruin it all for the rest of us! This seems to be the case every time I go out there! :roll:

Now above that, a few weeks back when I went, there was someone that I hadent talked to in around 8 years, and I was nice enough to pull him out; he ruined my tow strap in the process, and didnt say anything. But anyways, on my way out I noticed that the camp site he was at was trashed just like the one i bitched about above.

Is there anything I can do about this? Especially since I know somone that has done this, it makes me want to dump a broken bag of glass in his truck!

:evil: Sam :evil:

[/END RANT]

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:31:32 PM »
do it. be nice and blunt. tell someone off and get up in their face. get angry and uppity.  

this is after you ask them nicely to clean up their mess and be responsible, of course.

as for your strap, that sucks.

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 10:00:42 AM »
People suck. I'd like to say thanks to you for cleaning up after people who don't give 2 craps. So...thanks. I'm always picking up after people, around my home, at work. It seems like everywhere.

Sharp

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 07:34:40 AM »
sadly thats why our trails are going to be shut down!

Da_chopper

Re: RANT!!! can I do anything about it?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:39:45 AM »
Quote from: "born2jeep"
Is there anything I can do about this?

This reminds about a thread from another board from another board  :?:
Anyhow, enjoy:

http://www.missioncontrol.ca/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=Newz;action=display;num=1102824261;start=1

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 11:57:20 AM »
Sam,
There is something you can do about it.
Go see the guy from 8 years ago and EDUCATE him about your disappointment and about our ongoing battles. Give him your old strap and a receipt for the new one you will have to buy. Be pleasant :)
Tom
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: RANT!!! can I do anything about it?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:03:38 PM »
Quote from: "Da_chopper"
Quote from: "born2jeep"
Is there anything I can do about this?

This reminds about a thread from another board from another board  :?:
Anyhow, enjoy:

http://www.missioncontrol.ca/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=Newz;action=display;num=1102824261;start=1

That is most excellent! :lol:
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline hero88

• Winch Wench
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 09:57:35 AM »
I like it. We should do somthing like that sam. 8)